This 8 can taco soup has only 1 step and takes only 15 minutes, but it tastes like a Mexican soup that’s been simmering all day! This is one of our favorite soups, especially since it’s made from all canned pantry ingredients.
Why This Soup Is So Good
- This loaded taco soup has all your favorite Southwestern flavors, but is so effortless to make with pantry staples!
- Cans of corn, beans, tomatoes, chilis, and chicken flavored with a package of taco seasoning make a zesty, family-friendly dinner or lunch. It only takes one step to make!
- This soup only takes about 15 minutes to cook, which is perfect for weeknight dinners or just when you don’t feel like spending an hour cooking.
How To Make This Recipe
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir well to combine. Let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes. There should be a few bubbles, but not a boil.
- Serve topped with garnishes (see below for ideas).
Top Tips For Making
- We love our soup topped with tortilla strips or chips, diced avocado, sour cream or plain yogurt, cheese, cilantro, and/or sliced jalapeño.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, simply leave out the chicken and substitute the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom.
- You can also make this soup in a Crockpot or slow cooker. Just mix all the ingredients together and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 1-2 hours.
More Soup Recipes
- Easy Black Bean Soup
- Best Ever Tom Kha Gai Soup (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup, Whole30, Paleo)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Perfect Whole30 Instant Pot Tomato Soup (Vegan)
- Easy Homemade Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- Whole30 Potato Soup
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
8 Can Taco Soup
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles not drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn drained drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles like Rotel, not drained
- 1 (1-ounce )package taco seasoning
- 1 (12-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5-ounce) can chicken drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapeños optional, not drained
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Let simmer with a few bubbles but not at a boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with desired garnishes.
- Recommended garnishes: tortilla strips or chips, diced avocado, sour cream or plain yogurt, cheese, cilantro, and/or sliced jalapeño.
- In Crockpot or slow cooker: Mix ingredients and cook on low 4 hours or high 1-2 hours.
- For vegetarian: Leave out chicken and sub cream of chicken with cream of mushroom.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.