This vegan alfredo sauce is simply the best. It’s made in only 3 minutes in a blender and is ultra-rich, creamy, cheesy, and nutty, too. This recipe is “Is this really vegan?” material!
This unbelievably creamy, rich alfredo sauce tastes so much like the real deal, but with no dairy or other animal byproducts. It’s so quick and easy to make, too, making it perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. With a few secret ingredients that make this alfredo sauce the absolute best, you may never go back to the traditional kind!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Cashews – Cashews make this sauce ultra creamy and buttery, making the sauce nice and thick, but not too thick.
Nutritional yeast – Adds a nice cheesy flavor.
Tahini – Made from toasted ground hulled sesame, tahini adds a lovely nutty flavor that mimics parmesan cheese.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Soak the raw cashews in hot water. I pour hot water over mine and let them sit for 30-60 minutes while I do other things. (This is optional but helps positively ensure a smooth sauce.
Drain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender along with other ingredients, and blend on high speed. (See the top tips if you don’t have a high-speed blender!)
Toss with the hot, cooked pasta and serve!
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you MUST soak your cashews in hot water for several hours. Otherwise your sauce will not get the right consistency!
- Reserve a little of your pasta water and add it to your alfredo a tablespoon at a time to help thin the sauce and help it cling to the noodles.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Chili
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- BBQ Jackfruit Bowls
- The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Coconut Rice
- Tempeh Bacon
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ¾-1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ¾ pound fettuccine or other pasta cooked in salted water according to package instructions and drained
- parsley for garnish freshly chopped, for garnish, optional
- high-speed blender
- Soak raw cashews in hot water for 30-60 minutes while I do other things. (See notes.)
- Drain the cashews and add to high-speed blender along with other water or almond milk, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, tahini, and dried basil, and blend on high speed about 90 seconds until smooth. Toss with the hot, cooked pasta and serve immediately.
- Soaking cashews: Optional if using a high-speed blender, but recommended. If not using high-speed blender, cashews MUST be soaked in hot water for several hours.
- Sauce note: Reserve a little of your pasta water and add it to your alfredo a tablespoon at a time to help thin the sauce and help it cling to the noodles.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.