This vegan alfredo sauce is simply the best. It’s made in only 3 minutes in a blender and is ultra-rich, creamy, cheesy, and nutty, too. This recipe is “Is this really vegan?” material!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Should you click through to that product and make a purchase, 40 Aprons will receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you. Anything mentioned here is referred solely based on my experience and satisfaction with the company and/or product, and not because of any potential commission. I’ll identify any affiliate links when they appear within the post!
This unbelievably creamy, rich alfredo sauce tastes so much like the real deal, but with no dairy or other animal byproducts. It’s so quick and easy to make, too, making it perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. With a few secret ingredients that make this alfredo sauce the absolute best, you may never go back to the traditional kind!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Cashews – Cashews make this sauce ultra creamy and buttery, making the sauce nice and thick, but not too thick.
Nutritional yeast – Adds a nice cheesy flavor.
Tahini – Made from toasted ground hulled sesame, tahini adds a lovely nutty flavor that mimics parmesan cheese.
How To Make Vegan Alfredo Sauce
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Soak the raw cashews in hot water. I pour hot water over mine and let them sit for 30-60 minutes while I do other things. (This is optional but helps positively ensure a smooth sauce.
Drain the cashews and add to a high-speed blender along with other ingredients, and blend on high speed. (See the top tips if you don’t have a high-speed blender!)
Toss with the hot, cooked pasta and serve!
Top Tips For Making Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you MUST soak your cashews in hot water for several hours. Otherwise your sauce will not get the right consistency!
- Reserve a little of your pasta water and add it to your alfredo a tablespoon at a time to help thin the sauce and help it cling to the noodles.
More Delicious Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Chili
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- BBQ Jackfruit Bowls
- The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Coconut Rice
- Tempeh Bacon
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
The Best Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- high-speed blender
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ¾-1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ¾ pound fettuccine or other pasta cooked in salted water according to package instructions and drained
- parsley for garnish freshly chopped, for garnish, optional
- Soak raw cashews in hot water for 30-60 minutes while I do other things. (See notes.)
- Drain the cashews and add to high-speed blender along with other water or almond milk, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, tahini, and dried basil, and blend on high speed about 90 seconds until smooth. Toss with the hot, cooked pasta and serve immediately.
- Soaking cashews: Optional if using a high-speed blender, but recommended. If not using high-speed blender, cashews MUST be soaked in hot water for several hours.
- Sauce note: Reserve a little of your pasta water and add it to your alfredo a tablespoon at a time to help thin the sauce and help it cling to the noodles.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.