This recipe is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This elderberry tonic is a great way to boost the immune system, soothe a sore throat, or simply cozy up during cooler weather. With fresh lemon, honey, a touch of cinnamon, and optional whiskey (!), this modern take on the classic hot toddy incorporates superstar elderberry syrup for an immunity boost.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This warm and cozy hot toddy is the perfect dose of elderberry (and a little whiskey, if that’s your thing!). Comforting and full of healthy benefits, it’s perfect whether you’re sick or just trying to ward off a bug.
- Taking care of yourself is so important, especially as the weather gets colder! With the craziness in the world (2020, am I right?), your body is prone to stress and inflammation, which can lead to a variety of health problems. Sprouts is perfect for loading up on healthy foods and vitamins to keep you feeling your best!
How To Make Elderberry Hot Toddy
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Just stir everything together in a saucepan over low heat until warm. Pour in a glass or mug and garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
Top Tips For Making
- Sprouts is the perfect place to get your vitamins and supplements to help keep your immune system working its best this season. Not only does Sprouts have the highest quality food, they also have a ton of products to keep you healthy and feeling great!
- Leave out the whiskey, and this is a great way to get kids to drink elderberry!
- You can easily make a big batch of this hot toddy in the slow cooker! Mix your ingredients together and turn the slow cooker to high. Let it heat for about 30 minutes. You can also turn it to low and let it simmer for a couple hours. Perfect for if the whole family gets sick!
- Elderberry is loaded with antioxidants that are great for boosting your immune system. They also help reduce inflammation and stress, which both can cause chronic health problems.
- Elderberry can lessen the severity of the symptoms and length of bugs like the flu and cold!
More Delicious & Healthy Drinks
- Moon Milk (3 Ways)
- Easy Golden Milk
- Immune Booster Shot Recipe (Maximum Strength!)
- Powerhouse Pink Latte • 4 Ways
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Elderberry Hot Toddy
This elderberry hot toddy is the perfect way to get a warm, soothing dose of elderberry on cold days
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey optional
- 2 teaspoons Sprouts Elderberry Umckaloabo & Zinc Syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice to taste
- 1 lemon slice for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick for garnish
Stir everything together in a saucepan over low heat until warm. Garnish with lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
- Whiskey: Omit to make alcohol-free or kids’ drink.
- Slow cooker: Make a large batch of the recipe (triple or quadruple). Mix your ingredients together and turn the slow cooker to high. Let it heat for about 30 minutes. You can also turn it to low and let it simmer for a couple hours.