Roasting garlic transforms the heads into something magically rich and buttery. Learning how to roast garlic is a skill you’ll turn to over and over in the kitchen, and can take so many recipes to a gourmet level. Spoiler alert: it’s super easy!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Roasted garlic is so easy to make and takes your dishes to the next level! Caramelized and sweet, it’s perfect for adding to hummus, soups, salads, or even to a charcuterie board. Mince it and use it in your mayo for an extra delicious sandwich or burger, or add it to your mashed potatoes. You can also add it to meat or cheese or eat it with bread or crackers. There are so many uses for this super easy recipe!
How To Roast Garlic
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Take off some of the papery skin on the garlic heads, but don’t unpeel it completely. Slice off the top of the heads of garlic so that you can see the cloves inside.
Place the garlic heads on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle the garlic with some olive oil and then wrap in the foil.
Roast in the oven until the cloves are tender and lightly browned.
Top Tips For Making
- You can store your roasted garlic head in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days. To keep your roasted garlic a bit longer, separate the garlic into cloves and store in a jar full of olive oil. Keep it in the fridge for about a week and a half.
More Kitchen Tips & Tricks
- How To Boil Corn
- How To Shred Cabbage (3 Ways)
- All About Lemon Zest + 4 Ways to Zest a Lemon
- How Much Juice is in One Lime?
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
How To Roast Garlic
Roasting garlic is so easy and will take your cooking to the next level
- 3 garlic heads
- olive oil
- aluminum foil
Preheat the oven to 400º F. Remove some of the papery skin on head of garlic, then slice off top of each head to expose cloves inside.
Place the heads on a piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil. Roast until cloves are lightly browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Storage: Store 3-4 days in airtight container in fridge or in sealed jar of olive oil in fridge for 10 days.