These steel-cut oats turn rich, creamy, and perfectly tender overnight, making the perfect, sweet bowl of oats ready for you in the morning. They’re not too liquidy or watery, and they’re not tough or too chewy! Just perfectly creamy and easy.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Lightly toasted, buttery steel-cut oats flavored with vanilla and maple syrup are an absolute dream for breakfast. A touch of cool sweetness that is perfect for mornings on the go or just mornings where cereal just won’t cut it!
- These oats are made even easier by cooking ahead of time and popping into the fridge overnight. Nothing could be more simple than just grabbing a jar out of the refrigerator!
- This recipe is so easy to customize with yogurt, peanut butter, or whatever toppings you could imagine.
How To Make It
- Add butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Let melt, and then add the oats. Cook them until they are slightly toasted and golden.
- Add the almond milk and bring everything to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, and maple syrup. If you’d like, add yogurt or peanut butter.
- Transfer everything to jars or a container and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Your oats will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- We topped our oats with blueberries, pomegranate, sliced almonds, and cinnamon, but there are a million other possibilities! Try bananas, strawberries, honey, chia seeds, pecans, walnuts, apples, or chocolate chips. For peanut butter oats, try bananas or even a little jelly on top.
- For vegan, use vegan butter or coconut oil to toast the oats.
More Delicious Breakfast Ideas
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Paleo Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Creamy Grits Recipe (And What Are Grits Anyway?)
- 15 Whole30 Breakfast Ideas
Hey – you’ve made it this far, so now we’re basically best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook, too!
- Add butter to saucepan over medium heat. Melt, then add oats and cook until slightly toasted and golden.
- Add almond milk and bring everything to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in salt, vanilla, and maple syrup. Add yogurt or peanut butter if desired.
- Transfer everything to jars or containers and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Topping ideas: Blueberries, pomegranate, sliced almonds, cinnamon, bananas, strawberries, honey, chia seeds, pecans, walnuts, apples, chocolate chips, jelly
- Vegan: Use vegan butter or coconut oil to toast oats
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.