These bean and cheese taquitos are just delicious, and they only use 4 ingredients! They’re super easy to throw together with simple ingredients, making them a perfect Mexican dinner, lunch, snack, or appetizer. Vegetarian and easy to make vegan.
Why These Taquitos are So Good
- These easy taquitos have perfectly crispy tortillas filled with warm, rich beans and melty cheese.
- This recipe is unbelievably easy and cheap with just 4 simple ingredients and is great to whip up for a fast dinner.
- These taquitos are the perfect healthy way to get your Mexican fix. Basically a rolled-up, crispy taco, taquitos are a simple way to feed your family’s craving for Mexican.
How To Make These 4 Ingredient Taquitos
- Wrap the stack of tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 1 minute or until tortillas and easy to roll.
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoons of bean and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese per taquito. Spread the beans slightly below the middle of the tortilla to make rolling easier, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Roll all of the taquitos and place them on a baking sheet prior to frying to make for less mess and easier cleanup.
- Heat some avocado oil in a medium frying pan on medium-high. Cook the taquitos 4 at a time, seam side down, turning them frequently until they get golden brown on all sides and until the seam is “glued” down. Make sure to add more oil and let it heat before each new batch. Move to a plate as you cook each one and keep warm in the oven at a low temperature while you finish cooking.
- Cook all the taquitos on 400º in the oven for 15-20 minutes or in an air fryer on 400º for 12-15 minute minutes.
- To make the avocado salsa, blend the avocado, white vinegar, cilantro, chopped onion, and water together until mostly smooth.
- Scoop the avocado salsa and crema or sour cream into separate plastic sandwich bags, seal them up, and snip off the corner to drizzle the sauces on the taquitos before serving.
Top Tips for Making Bean & Cheese Taquitos
- Warming the tortillas in the microwave makes them so much easier to roll. If they are still cracking as you roll them, microwave them again.
- To make the taquitos vegan, use shredded vegan cheese.
- If you have leftover taquitos, you can freeze them and reheat them in the oven or microwave.
More Tasty Vegetarian & Healthy Recipes
- Whole30 Dinners
- Easy Whole30 Recipes
- Whole30 Meal Plan
- White Bean Chili
- Vegan Chili
- Cottage Cheese Alfredo
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Bean and Cheese Taquitos
- Air fryer (optional)
- For the taquitos: Microwave the stack of tortillas, wrapped in a damp paper towel about 1 minute.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons beans slightly below the middle of the tortilla to make rolling easier. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoon cheese on top.
- Roll all taquitos and place on baking sheet prior to frying.
- Heat avocado oil in medium frying pan on medium-high. Cook taquitos 4 at a time, seam side down, turning frequently until golden brown on all sides and until seam is "glued" down. Add more oil after each batch. Move to a plate and keep warm in the oven on a low temperature while you finish cooking.
- Cook on 400º in the oven for 15-20 minutes or in an air fryer on 400º for 12-15 minutes.
- For the avocado salsa: Blend avocado, white vinegar, cilantro, chopped onion, and water together until mostly smooth.
- Scoop avocado salsa and crema into separate plastic sandwich bags, seal them up, and snip off the corner to drizzle the sauces on the taquitos before serving.
- For vegan: Use vegan shredded cheese and skip cream or sour cream.
- For soft tortillas: Microwaving the tortillas prior to rolling them makes them easier to roll.