This grilled broccoli is lightly seasoned and perfectly tender! Tangy lemon, spicy red pepper, and savory parmesan cheese give this broccoli incredible flavor.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s super easy to throw on the grill at your next summer party or barbecue! Simply toss the broccoli in a gentle marinade, then grill for just 8 minutes. It’s the perfect side dish to whatever else you have cooking on the grill.
- It requires just a few very simple ingredients. Olive oil, lemon juice, and salt is all you need to perfectly season this delicious vegetable!
- It’s super healthy! Broccoli is jam-packed with vitamins and always a great vegetable to include in your diet. This recipe is also naturally low-carb and keto!
Broccoli – You can purchase pre-chopped broccoli or an entire head of broccoli and easily chop it into florets yourself. To chop, slice off each floret stem right where it meets the base. Then, slice larger florets in half to achieve as evenly-sized broccoli florets as possible.
Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice is always best, though bottled will work as well. If you don’t have lemon juice, you can use lime juice instead. A touch of acidity brings out the freshness in this grilled broccoli recipe.
Parmesan Cheese – Though this ingredient is optional, I highly recommend it! I also recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese because it melts just enough when sprinkled over this grilled broccoli.
- If you have a grill basket, then use it! Though if you don’t have a grill basket, follow the steps of this recipe and simply use a sheet of aluminum foil instead.
- Since broccoli cooks rather quickly, keep an eye on it and remove it from the grill when cooked to your desired doneness. If you’re not a huge fan of char, simply grill for 5-8 minutes instead! And if you love that smoky char flavor, go for the full 10 minutes.
- Have fun with the flavors in this grilled broccoli recipe and add whatever you’d like! Garlic powder and smoked paprika would taste great over this dish. You could also serve this finished side dish alongside ranch for dipping – YUM!
More Grilled Sides You’ll Love
- Grilled Cauliflower
- Baked Potatoes on the Grill
- Maple Glazed Grilled Carrots
- Grilled Eggplant Recipe
- Grilled Peached with Honey
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- shredded parmesan cheese for serving
- Large bowl
- Aluminum Foil
- Add broccoli, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to a bowl and toss together
- Place a large piece of foil on the grill over indirect medium heat, then place the broccoli on top of the foil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning every couple minutes until tender and lightly charred.
- Serve broccoli warm with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Make it Keto: Use freshly grated parmesan cheese to avoid any fillers or unnecessary carbs!
- Make it Vegan: Sprinkle the grilled broccoli with nutritional yeast for a tasty vegan side dish.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.