This simple grilled cauliflower is perfectly tender and lightly seasoned! With just five ingredients you’ll have a healthy and delicious side dish. Add this grilled cauliflower to your next cookout lineup and impress everyone with how versatile this nutritious vegetable can be!
What Makes This Grilled Cauliflower So Good
- It requires just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make! I should also add that cooking this cauliflower on the grill yields minimal cleanup too.
- You’ll get perfectly cooked cauliflower every time. I don’t know the full science behind it, but what I do know is after just 10 minutes on the grill this cauliflower is cooked to absolute perfection!
- It’s incredibly versatile and totally customizable. This lightly seasoned grilled cauliflower makes the perfect addition to virtually any meal. I drizzled a little lemon butter sauce over my cauliflower and it was a total crowd-pleaser!
Key Ingredients for Grilled Cauliflower
Cauliflower – Pick out the largest heads of cauliflower you can find for this recipe! Since we’ll be cutting it into “steaks,” a large cauliflower will yield more/larger steaks. I was able to get four 2-inch “steaks” out of my cauliflower heads, though depending on the size of your cauliflower you can get up to six “steaks.”
Lemon Juice – Gives this grilled cauliflower incredible brightness and a delicious tang. Feel free to use fresh or bottled lemon juice in this recipe. And if you don’t have lemon juice, you can use lime juice instead.
Fresh Parsley – The fresh parsley in this recipe pairs perfectly with the citrusy lemon juice. Though really any fresh herb will do, just make sure it’s fresh – no dried herbs please! You can sprinkle your cauliflower steaks with fresh cilantro, basil, or even mint if you’d like.
- Slice the cauliflower into 2 or 3-inch “steaks” for this recipe. I would not recommend slicing the cauliflower any less than 2-inches thick, to avoid it falling apart on the grill.
- Keep an eye on this cauliflower since it cooks pretty quickly. I take a peek at the grilled side of my cauliflower after about 3 minutes to make sure it’s achieving the char that I want. If it looks like your cauliflower is getting too chard, go ahead and flip before the 4-5 minutes is up.
- This grilled cauliflower is best served immediately after cooking! I would not recommend refrigerating then reheating these after making, as you’ll lose that crisp, yet tender texture achieved from grilling them.
More Cauliflower Recipes You’ll Love
- Loaded Cauliflower Salad
- Air Fryer Cauliflower with Lemon-Garlic Aioli
- Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Small bowl
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped, see Notes
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and slice each head into 2 or 3 2-inch steaks.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Heat grill to medium and brush one side of each cauliflower steak with olive oil mixture, place brushed side down on grill.
- Brush the top side with olive oil mixture, then cover grill and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip cauliflower and cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side, then remove and serve with fresh chopped parsley.
- Parsley: Feel free to use whatever fresh herb you’d like in this recipe, it doesn’t have to be parsley!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!