This Bearnaise Sauce recipe is utterly rich, creamy, and delicious. It’s perfect with steak or veggies, fish, eggs! Not only that, but it’s foolproof, quick, and easy all thanks to the blender! Based on Julia Child’s classic recipe.
Why This Bearnaise Sauce Is So Good
- Rich, buttery, and perfectly seasoned, this sauce is the perfect addition to steak, chicken, or even veggies!
- This homemade Bearnaise Sauce is fast and easy thanks to a blender!
How To Make Bearnaise Sauce
- Boil the red wine vinegar, dry white wine, and shallots, with 1 tablespoon of the fresh tarragon, pepper, and salt over medium heat. Boil until the mixture has been reduced to about 1/4 cup including the shallots and herbs, or the liquid after straining is about 2 tablespoons. Strain out the shallots and let cool.
- Whisk the eggs yolks in the same saucepan you used for the vinegar-tarragon mixture over very low heat until thickened. Add one tablespoon of the cold butter and thicken the yolks, then beat in the other tablespoon. Add the rest of the tarragon.
- Blend everything in a blender. Add in the 3/4 cups of melted butter drop by drop until the sauce is thickened.
Top Tips To Make Bearnaise Sauce
- If the bearnaise becomes broken (where the oil or butter separates from the sauce), have no fear! Just add in a teaspoon or two of the red wine vinegar or dry white wine and whisk vigorously. If the sauce isn’t thick enough, add butter one teaspoon at a time until sauce is at the desired thickness.
- Don’t make the sauce ahead of time! Bearnaise is best at its freshest and creamiest.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Steak with Whole30 Bearnaise Sauce (Paleo, Lactose Free)
- The Best Filet Mignon Recipe Ever with Garlic Herb Compound Butter (Reverse Sear)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
This bearnaise sauce is deliciously created and made in the blender! Perfect for dinner or breakfast, this recipe is filled with such savory flavors and notes.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon shallots minced
- 3 tablespoons tarragon fresh, minced, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 egg yolks whisked
- 2 tablespoons butter cold
- salt a few big pinches
Boil the vinegar, wine, and shallots, with 1/3 of the fresh tarragon, pepper, and salt over medium heat until mixture has been reduced to about 1/4 cup. Including shallots and herbs, or liquid is about 2 tablespoons. Strain and let cool.
In the same saucepan that the vinegar-tarragon mixture was boiled in, whisk the egg yolks over very low heat until thickened. Add one tablespoon of cold butter and thicken the egg yolks. Beat in the other tablespoon of cold butter. Add the additional tarragon.
Using a blender, blend everything together. Drop by drop, add in the 3/4 cups of melted butter until bearnaise sauce is thickened.
- Fixing a broken bearnaise: If your bearnaise becomes broken, add in a teaspoon or two of the red wine vinegar or dry white wine and whisk vigorously. If sauce is not thick enough after adding liquid, add one teaspoon of butter at a time until sauce is at desired thickness.