This Cajun sauce is a delicious, creamy dipping sauce with tons of Cajun flavor, perfect for blackened shrimp, chicken fingers, chips, and more. I’m always surprised by just how good this is, and it’s super easy to throw together too. A condiment I like to always have in the fridge!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The flavor is out-of-this-world incredible! I mean, it makes sense. Just look at the ingredients. Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, tomato paste, and hot sauce, all blended into a creamy tangy mayo base. How could it not be delicious?
- Cajun sauce is super easy to make. There’s no cooking, no chopping, barely any mixing… you don’t even have to chill the sauce if you don’t want to or don’t have time.
- It’s ridiculously versatile. Use it as a dipping sauce for fried shrimp or chicken tenders or zucchini chips. Spread it on a burger or add a dollop to a giant plate of fries. Or, my favorite – pair it with a bag of Zapp’s potato chips (Voodoo or Spicy Cajun Crawtators both highly recommended).
- You control the heat here, so adjust the ingredients as needed to make your cajun sauce as mild or as hot as you like it. I recommend starting out with the smallest amounts called for in the recipe, then taste and adjust from there.
- Chilling the sauce is optional, but encouraged. It’ll give the spices a chance to really deepen and intensify, but the sauce will be delicious right away so don’t panic if you don’t have time to chill. Also, since the flavors will develop more, be careful if you’re increasing the amount of spices in the recipe.
More Dips and Sauces You’ll Love
- Buffalo Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeño Popper Dip (Low Carb, Keto)
- Guacamole Dip (Restaurant Style)
- Bean Dip
- Mango Habanero Sauce
- Medium mixing bowl with lid, or plastic wrap to cover
- Whisk or mixing spoon, or silicone spatula
- Add all ingredients to medium mixing bowl. Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Serve sauce immediately, or cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (recommended for best flavors).
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan mayonnaise.
- Leftovers: Any unused cajun sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container (like a mason jar) up to one week.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.