Corn salsa is the perfect addition to any Mexican or Latin spread, and this recipe is loaded with tons of fresh flavors. Made simply with fresh or cooked corn, it’s similar to the Chipotle corn salsa recipe, made in just a few minutes at home.
This corn salsa is so surprisingly easy to make, yet totally bursting with summer flavors. It’s sweet, spicy, crunchy, and loaded with fresh veggies. It’s a lot like the corn salsa you get at Chipotle, so it’s perfect as a dip with tortilla chips, in Mexican bowls or tacos, or on a taco salad. This salsa can be made with fresh, frozen, or canned corn, so it’s a breeze to throw together.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Corn – Sweet, crunchy, and bursting with the flavors of summer, corn is the perfect base for a salty and spicy salsa.
Red onion – Red onions are lightly sweet, but still have the tart onion flavor you love. They hold up well with the other ingredients and lime juice and stay nice and crispy.
Lime juice – The tart sweetness of lime juice brings out a nice brightness and makes the other flavors in this salad pop.
Cilantro – The peppery, slightly minty flavor of cilantro is great in Latin American dishes.
Jalapeño – A spicy pepper takes this salsa up a notch without overwhelming the other flavors with heat. Remember to deseed your jalapeño if you don’t like a lot of spice!
Cumin – Aromatic, warm, and both earthy and sweet, cumin is a perfect Mexican seasoning for this savory salsa.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn for this recipe. For fresh, use about 5 ears of corn. If using frozen or canned, use about 5 cups of corn, drained.
- If you’re using corn on the cob for this recipe, read our post on how to boil corn and how to cut the kernels off the cob without making a mess.
- Your corn salsa will store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Magic 2-Minute Fruity Frozen Margaritas
- 8 Can Taco Soup
- Bean and Cheese Taquitos (4 Ingredients)
- Bacon Guacamole
- Healthy Taco Salad
- 3 cups corn about 5 ears if using fresh corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeño minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Corn: You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn for this recipe. For fresh, use about 5 ears of corn. If using frozen or canned, use about 5 cups of corn, drained.
- Using fresh corn: Read our post on how to boil corn and how to cut the kernels off the cob without making a mess.
- Storage: Keep in the fridge up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.