This almond flour banana bread is a healthy take on the classic dessert the whole family will love. After 5 versions, we perfected this recipe so that it’s perfectly sweet and moist but not too dense, and it only takes a couple easy steps to make. Dotted with crunchy walnuts and topped with a stunning but optional split banana, my kids had no idea this snack was paleo!
Why This Banana Bread Is So Good
- We literally made this bread five times to get the perfect recipe. Deliciously sweet and moist with chunks of walnuts, this is definitely the best banana bread we’ve ever eaten.
- This grain free banana bread is surprisingly easy to make, even for beginner bakers. Just a few simple steps, and you have amazing, gluten free banana bread that tastes just as good (if not better) than regular banana bread.
- We perfected this recipe (again, made five times!) to get just the right texture. Soft and moist, but still firm enough to not crumble into pieces after slicing. This banana bread is delicious for breakfast, snacks, or perfect if you want to make a treat for friends and family.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Peel your bananas and place in a large bowl. Mash them into a fine consistency, almost a liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper lined bread pan. If you’d like, top with a banana sliced in half, with the cut side dipped in brown or coconut sugar. Bake for 60 minutes and then check by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the loaf. It should come out fairly clean when done.
Top Tips For Making
- The best bananas for making banana bread are not bright yellow. An over-ripe banana, one that has black splotches on the peel or is even entirely black, is actually your best bet.
- If you have bananas but aren’t quite ready to make banana bread, you can freeze them. They may turn a bit brown or black in the freezer, but that’s totally okay! Just pull them out when you’re ready to bake and thaw in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Fluffy Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Gluten Free Cornbread with Honey
- Perfect Paleo Brownies (Fudgy, Crackly Top, Gluten Free)
- Best Chocolate Paleo Cupcakes Ever with Dark Chocolate Frosting (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Almond Flour Banana Bread
Perfectly sweet and moist, you would never guess this banana bread is paleo and gluten free.
- 3 bananas finely mashed, about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 banana sliced in half for top, optional
- coconut sugar or brown sugar for dipping banana, optional
Preheat oven to 350º F. Add peeled bananas to large bowl and mash into fine consistency, almost a liquid.
Add rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
Pour batter into parchment paper lined bread pan. Optional: Top with sliced banana dipped in sugar. Bake for 60 minutes. Check by inserting toothpick into middle of bread, which should come out mostly clean.
- Bananas: Use overly ripe bananas that are some or mostly black. Can also use frozen bananas that have been thawed in the microwave for 3 minutes.