Almond Flour Banana Bread
This almond flour paleo banana bread is a healthy take on the classic dessert the whole family will love. After 5 versions, we perfected this recipe so that it’s perfectly sweet and moist but not too dense, and it only takes a couple easy steps to make. Dotted with crunchy walnuts and topped with a stunning but optional split banana, my kids had no idea this snack was paleo!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- We literally made this paleo banana bread five times to get the perfect recipe. Deliciously sweet and moist with chunks of walnuts, this is definitely the best banana bread we’ve ever eaten.
- This grain free banana bread is surprisingly easy to make, even for beginner bakers. Just a few simple steps, and you have amazing, gluten free banana bread that tastes just as good (if not better) than regular banana bread.
- We perfected this recipe (again, made five times!) to get just the right texture. Soft and moist, but still firm enough to not crumble into pieces after slicing. This paleo banana bread is delicious for breakfast, snacks, or perfect if you want to make a treat for friends and family.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Peel your bananas and place in a large bowl. Mash them into a fine consistency, almost a liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper lined bread pan. If you’d like, top with a banana sliced in half, with the cut side dipped in brown or coconut sugar. Bake for 60 minutes and then check by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the loaf. It should come out fairly clean when done.
- The best bananas for making banana bread are not bright yellow. An over-ripe banana, one that has black splotches on the peel or is even entirely black, is actually your best bet.
- If you have bananas but aren’t quite ready to make your almond flour banana bread, you can freeze them. They may turn a bit brown or black in the freezer, but that’s totally okay! Just pull them out when you’re ready to bake and thaw in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Fluffy Gluten-Free Pancakes
- Gluten Free Cornbread with Honey
- Perfect Paleo Brownies (Fudgy, Crackly Top, Gluten Free)
- Best Chocolate Paleo Cupcakes Ever with Dark Chocolate Frosting (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Almond Flour Banana Bread
- 3 bananas finely mashed, about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 banana sliced in half for top, optional
- coconut sugar or brown sugar for dipping banana, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Add peeled bananas to large bowl and mash into fine consistency, almost a liquid.
- Add rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour batter into parchment paper lined bread pan. Optional: Top with sliced banana dipped in sugar. Bake for 60 minutes. Check by inserting toothpick into middle of bread, which should come out mostly clean.
- Bananas: Use overly ripe bananas that are some or mostly black. Can also use frozen bananas that have been thawed in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment