Whipped coffee is all the rage, and for good reason! Fluffy and light and perfectly sweet, a dollop of “TikTok” whipped coffee served over milk tastes indulgent but is so easy to make. Also called dalgona coffee, it only takes 3 ingredients to make this trendy but delicious coffee drink! Perfect if you’re missing your favorite coffeehouse.
Why This Coffee Is So Good
- This crazy good drink tastes indulgent like a coffee shop coffee! If you’re craving your favorite coffee shop order, this is a fantastic cheap, quick, and easy fix.
- This recipe tastes a bit like a macchiato with all the milk at the bottom and the fluffy, sweet, sticky cloud of coffee on top. YUM.
- Whipped coffee is insanely easy to make. All you need is some instant coffee, sugar, water, and a little milk. You’ll want to whip it up (pun fully intended) all the time!
How To Make This Recipe
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Whip on medium to high speed with a hand-mixer. (You can also use a whisk, though this will take a bit longer.)
- Pour milk about halfway up a glass and add ice, if you’d like. Spoon the whipped coffee on top and enjoy! You can also add sweetener to your milk if you prefer a sweeter coffee.
- Drizzle a little caramel along the inside of the glass before pouring in the milk for an ultra Instagram-able (and super tasty) coffee.
- Try using a flavored instant coffee like hazelnut, vanilla, or even mocha.
- We definitely recommend adding the milk to your coffee if you prefer a lighter drink. The coffee by itself is pretty strong, although I like it that way!
- Unfortunately, this recipe doesn’t work with coffee that has already been brewed. It won’t get the nice whipped texture, so go pick up a box of the instant stuff!
- Instead of regular granulated sugar, you can also use coconut sugar, Swerve, or other sweeteners.
- We used whole milk because makes the coffee nice and rich, but it’s also delicious with almond, oat, or any milk you have on hand.
What Is Dalgona Coffee?
The word “dalgona” is Korean for honeycomb toffee, which is what the drink is supposed to taste like. Whipped coffee became a hit in South Korea during social distancing when DIY-ing the fancy drink became all the rage. It then became huge on TikTok, which is where I discovered it! (Yes, I have a TikTok. All the cool grown-ups do.)
More Delicious Drink Recipes
- Easy Golden Milk
- Healthy Pink Drink Strawberry Refresher (Whole30, Unsweetened, Caffeine-Free, Vegan)
- Charcoal Lemonade
- Iced Golden Milk Latte (Paleo, Vegan)
- Matcha Latte
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 cup milk to serve, optional
- 2-3 cubes ice to serve, optional
- Mixer or whisk
- Add water, coffee, and sweetener to bowl and whip on medium to high speed or whisk.
- Pour milk (and ice, if desired) halfway up glass and spoon coffee on top.
- Milk: Whole recommended, also almond, oat, etc.
- Sweetener: Sugar, Swerve, coconut sugar, etc.
- Pre-brewed coffee: Will not whip properly.
- Additional tips: Drizzle caramel inside glass prior to adding milk and/or use flavored coffee.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.