These grilled Brussels sprouts are smoky, tender, and come together in just 15 minutes! This healthy side dish is tossed in a simple balsamic marinade, grilled, then finished off with a drizzle of honey. Serve these grilled Brussels sprouts alongside grilled chicken or steak for an easy weeknight meal with minimal cleanup!
What Makes These Grilled Brussels Sprouts So Good
- They require just a handful of very simple steps and ingredients! Olive oil and balsamic vinegar set the foundation for this easy grilled veggie. The Brussels sprouts get tossed in the marinade then set on the grill for just 10 minutes before they’re ready to enjoy!
- The grill gives these sprouts a unique smoky flavor that is totally irresistible! Most people have had Brussels sprouts cooked every which way, except grilled. Trust me when I tell you that the first time you grill this green veggie will definitely not be the last!
- This recipe is naturally so nutritious! Believe it or not, these grilled brussels sprouts are keto, paleo, and vegan. This dish is perfect to serve to a crowd because it suits most, if not all diets!
Key Ingredients for Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts – Be sure to use fresh Brussels sprouts for this recipe, frozen won’t work here. To prepare your sprouts, start by trimming off the stem and giving them a good rinse. Then remove any leaves that appear yellow, or like they’ve gone bad. Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to use them in this recipe!
Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar is rich, slightly sweet, and takes these grilled Brussels sprouts to the next level! The intense flavor of this vinegar adds incredible depth of flavor to this hearty vegetable.
Honey – While optional, I highly recommend finishing off this side dish with a drizzle of honey! A little bit of sweetness balances out the deep savory and tangy flavors of this recipe. If you’re looking to make this vegan or don’t have any honey, maple syrup will work as well!
- If you’re concerned about your Brussels sprouts falling through the grates on your grill, you have a couple of options to avoid that from happening. You can either place the sprouts on skewers before grilling or grill them on a sheet of aluminum foil over the grill. Though I personally never had any issues with losing Brussels sprouts!
- Feel free to add or remove any seasonings you’d like to this recipe. As long as you follow the method to grilling Brussels sprouts, you can switch up the flavors however you’d like. Fresh minced garlic, or even lemon juice would both make for tasty additions!
- This side dish definitely tastes best immediately after cooking. Though any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up three days. Reheat by tossing in a sauté pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until warmed through!
Other Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Blistered Shishito Peppers with Lemon-Garlic Aioli
- Crispy Pan-Fried Potatoes
- Cornbread Casserole
- Grilled Cauliflower
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Large bowl
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss Brussels sprouts to coat.
- Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes flipping halfway through. Serve with a drizzle of honey.
- Make it Vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey to make this recipe vegan!
- Make it Sugar-Free: Either omit the honey in this recipe or replace it with a drizzle of Lakanto sugar-free maple syrup.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!