This paleo bread is our favorite way to have sandwiches or toast on a primal diet! This version rises enough to make a classic sandwich-style loaf that’s a perfect replacement for your bread craving… but gluten, grain, and dairy free!
Sometimes you just want doughy, crumbly, bread – especially the homemade kind! On a paleo diet, grains are off-limits, but this light, fluffy bread is totally grain free! Made with just a handful of ingredients (mostly pantry staples!), this bread makes eating a sandwich while on paleo a reality. It’s not only grain free, but gluten free and dairy free, too! Gorgeously golden with a beautiful crust and with the perfect texture, you might even believe for a minute that you’re eating regular bread!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Egg whites – Give the bread a fluffiness that you won’t get without them. Otherwise this bread is super dense!
Arrowroot – The arrowroot in this recipe gives the bread a fine crumb.
Flax meal – Gives the bread a bulk that isn’t grainy.
Apple cider vinegar – Helps the bread to rise.
How To Make Paleo Bread
Preheat your oven to 350º F.
Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate small bowl, omitting the egg whites.
Fold the egg whites into the dry mixture, then gently fold in the rest of the wet ingredients.
Pour the batter into a bread tin lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 55-60 minutes until a thin, sharp knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean or with dry crumbs attached.
Once done, let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
Top Tips For Making
- While this bread is paleo, it’s not Whole30-compliant.
- When baking your bread, it’s important that the middle of your bread is set or it will collapse inside. Testing with the knife will let you know if the bread is ready or still needs a while in the oven.
- If the top of your bread is getting too brown while the middle is still not set, remove the loaf and cover it with a piece of foil. Place back in the oven and check regularly.
More Delicious Paleo Recipes
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bakery Style)
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Edible Brownie Batter
- Chicken Piccata (Paleo, Gluten Free)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Beat egg whites in a large bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl. Whisk together eggs, oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar in a separate small bowl. Fold the eggs whites into dry mixture, then fold in rest of wet ingredients.
- Pour ingredients into parchment paper lined bread tin. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a thin, sharp knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean or with dry crumbs attached.
- Once done, let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Dietary notes: Not Whole30-compliant.
- Baking notes: When baking your bread, it’s important that the middle of your bread is set or it will collapse inside. Testing with the knife will let you know if the bread is ready or still needs a while in the oven. If the top of your bread is getting too brown while the middle is still not set, remove the loaf and cover it with a piece of foil. Place back in the oven and check regularly.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
There are so many different wines you can pair with bread or sandwiches, but I absolutely love these:
– Pinot Grigio, like 2019 Che Fico Pinot Grigio from DOC delle Venezie, Italy
– Sparkling rosé (in cans!), like Epic Pursuit Rosé Wine Spritzer