These lemon pepper wings are crispy and tangy but so easy to make at home. Inspired by your favorite wing joint, like Wing-Stop, this recipe bakes the wings to make them way easier and even quicker than ordering takeout! They’re loaded with flavor and healthy, too.
These baked wings are so addictive, plus they’re way healthier than wings that have been fried! Naturally Whole30, paleo, gluten free, and even keto and low carb, this recipe is perfect for when you’re dying for some salty, seasoned wings. It’s great for weeknights, meal prep, or even as an appetizer for parties with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Chicken wings – A big bag of party wings makes at least 6 servings of this recipe. Even more if you’re serving it as an appetizer!
Lemon pepper seasoning – With a burst of citrusy, peppery flavor, this easy seasoning makes these wings poppable and utterly delicious.
Garlic powder – Adding a dash of garlic powder helps make these wings ultra aromatic and flavorful.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Wings
Arrange the wings on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Broil for 10 minutes after the cook time is up.
While your wings are cooking, mix together your lemon pepper seasoning in a small bowl.
After the wings have cooked, transfer them to a different bowl and pour the lemon pepper mixture over them. Toss and serve immediately.
Top Tips For Making
- Make sure your seasoning is paleo or Whole30-compliant if you’re on either diet.
- You can use this same baking method with other types of seasonings. Try it with buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, or however you like your wings.
- If you can’t find any lemon pepper seasoning, combine some lemon zest with some freshly ground pepper.
- Store any leftover wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce (Keto)
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Southwestern Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Jerk Chicken Bowls with Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice
- Dreamy Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Blackened Chicken
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Lemon Pepper Wings
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Place wire rack over baking sheet and arrange wings evenly on top. Bake for 15 minutes. After cook time is up, broil for 10 minutes 6" from heat source. Turn once midway through.
- While wings are baking, mix olive oil, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt (if your lemon-pepper seasoning does not contain it) in a small bowl.
- After wings cook, transfer to large bowl and pour lemon-pepper mixture over. Toss to coat and serve immediately
- Whole30 or paleo: Make sure your seasoning is compliant.
- Storage: Keep in airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Additional seasonings: Use this same baking method with other flavors, such as buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, or however you like your wings.
- No lemon pepper seasoning: Combine some lemon zest with some freshly ground pepper.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.