These lemon pepper wings are crispy and tangy but so easy to make at home. Inspired by your favorite wing joint, like Wing-Stop, this recipe bakes the wings to make them way easier and even quicker than ordering takeout! They’re loaded with flavor and healthy, too.
These baked wings are so addictive, plus they’re way healthier than wings that have been fried! Naturally Whole30, paleo, gluten free, and even keto and low carb, this recipe is perfect for when you’re dying for some salty, seasoned wings. It’s great for weeknights, meal prep, or even as an appetizer for parties with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Chicken wings – A big bag of party wings makes at least 6 servings of this recipe. Even more if you’re serving it as an appetizer!
Lemon pepper seasoning – With a burst of citrusy, peppery flavor, this easy seasoning makes these wings poppable and utterly delicious.
Garlic powder – Adding a dash of garlic powder helps make these wings ultra aromatic and flavorful.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Wings
Arrange the wings on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Broil for 10 minutes after the cook time is up.
While your wings are cooking, mix together your lemon pepper seasoning in a small bowl.
After the wings have cooked, transfer them to a different bowl and pour the lemon pepper mixture over them. Toss and serve immediately.
Top Tips For Making
- Make sure your seasoning is paleo or Whole30-compliant if you’re on either diet.
- You can use this same baking method with other types of seasonings. Try it with buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, or however you like your wings.
- If you can’t find any lemon pepper seasoning, combine some lemon zest with some freshly ground pepper.
- Store any leftover wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce (Keto)
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Southwestern Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Jerk Chicken Bowls with Mango Salsa and Coconut Rice
- Dreamy Crockpot Chicken and Rice
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Lemon Pepper Wings
These addictive baked chicken wings are full of salty, lemon pepper flavor and are naturally Whole30 and paleo.
Preheat oven to 425º F. Place wire rack over baking sheet and arrange wings evenly on top. Bake for 15 minutes. After cook time is up, broil for 10 minutes 6" from heat source. Turn once midway through.
While wings are baking, mix olive oil, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt (if your lemon-pepper seasoning does not contain it) in a small bowl.
After wings cook, transfer to large bowl and pour lemon-pepper mixture over. Toss to coat and serve immediately
- Whole30 or paleo: Make sure your seasoning is compliant.
- Storage: Keep in airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Additional seasonings: Use this same baking method with other flavors, such as buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, or however you like your wings.
- No lemon pepper seasoning: Combine some lemon zest with some freshly ground pepper.
(Remember – no wine on Whole30!)
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
If wine and wings weren’t something you’ve considered, you should definitely try the delicious combo! I like the following types with the flavors of lemon pepper:
– Sauvignon Blanc, like 2019 Fiddleneck Sauvignon Blanc from North Coast, California
– White wine spritzer (in cans!), like Epic Pursuit White Wine Spritzer
– Prosecco, like NV Rivamonte Prosecco from Veneto, Italy