This hot bacon dressing is creamy and savory with just a hint of sweetness! Finish off your favorite salad or veggies with this simple and flavorful dressing.
What Makes This Dressing So Good
- It’s quick and easy to make! In just 15 minutes you’ll have an intensely flavorful and delicious dressing. Start by cooking the bacon, then simmer the remaining ingredients for just a few minutes.
- It’s seriously addictive! One taste of this hot bacon dressing will have you pouring it over everything. Not only is it delicious over salads, but I love drizzling some over potatoes or even grilled chicken – it takes any meal to the next level!
- It’s exploding with delicious flavor. Savory bacon, tangy vinegar, and sweet maple syrup marry together in the most delightful way possible. Every component of this dressing perfect balances and compliments the others!
Bacon – Any kind of bacon will work in this recipe! I prefer sugar-free bacon to make things a little healthier, but feel free to use your favorite. To prepare the bacon for this recipe, simply chop it into about 1/2-inch pieces before cooking.
Apple Cider Vinegar – No salad dressing is complete without at least a dash of vinegar. The subtle sweetness and fruity flavor of apple cider vinegar pairs perfectly in this recipe. However, if you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can use white wine vinegar instead.
Maple Syrup – A touch of sweetness helps to balance out the flavors in this hot bacon dressing. If you don’t have maple syrup, then you can use honey instead. And if you’d like, you could even substitute the syrup for 2 teaspoons of white sugar.
- Store any leftover hot bacon dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. The ingredients will separate and a layer of rendered fat will solidify when chilled. To reheat, add the dressing to a small saucepan over low heat until rendered fat has melted.
- If your bacon doesn’t render the 1/4 cup of necessary fat for this dressing, simply use olive oil instead. To do this, take your rendered bacon fat and add it to a liquid measuring cup. Then, fill the measuring cup with olive oil until you’ve reached the 1/4 cup line.
- This hot bacon dressing tastes especially delicious over this spinach salad! However, it also tastes incredible over Brussels sprouts, potatoes, and green beans. Get creative with how you serve this easy dressing!
More Dressing Recipes You’ll Love
- Small saucepan
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer ¼ cup of rendered bacon fat to a small saucepan over medium heat along with the shallots. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shallots are soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Chop bacon and add to saucepan. Simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened. Serve warm.
- Maple Syrup: You can sub the maple syrup for either honey or white sugar if you’d like.
- Make it Keto: Use a keto-friendly maple-flavored syrup.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.