This creamy Italian dressing is a delicious addition to most salads! It’s tangy, bright, and loaded with zesty herbs. This creamy Italian dressing recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It takes less than 5 minutes to make! Simply add all ingredients to a bowl, then give it a whisk and that’s it. Who knew a creamy Italian dressing could be so easy to make at home?
- It’s rich and satisfying while still maintaining a light and bright flavor. Mayonnaise and olive oil make this dressing super creamy while white wine vinegar and lemon juice give it that irresistible tanginess!
- This dressing tastes great on garden salads, chef salads, caesar salads, or as a dip for fresh veggies! I love making a batch of this dressing at the beginning of my week and pouring it on all of my salads throughout the week.
Mayonnaise – Feel free to use any kind of mayonnaise you’d like in this recipe. I used a light mayonnaise and had delicious results. To make this vegan, use your favorite vegan mayonnaise instead.
White Wine Vinegar – This slightly sweet and less acidic vinegar is the perfect addition to this creamy Italian dressing. White wine vinegar contributes to the bright and zesty flavor of this recipe. If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead.
Italian Seasoning – Having a bottle of Italian seasoning in your cabinet at all times is a must! It contains every dried herb you’d ever need in any Italian recipe. Two teaspoons in this dressing is enough to add tons of amazing flavor.
- Store this salad dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you notice your creamy Italian dressing separating after refrigeration, simply give it a quick shake to combine again.
- If you’re not feeling up to mixing, you can add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and then pulse everything to combine!
- Leave this dressing to sit in the fridge a few hours before serving. Leaving it to sit will give the flavors time to develop, making it that much more delicious!
More Delicious Dressing Recipes
- Miso Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Hot Bacon Dressing
- Small bowl
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Mayonnaise: You can use whatever kind of mayonnaise you’d like. For a vegan option, use vegan mayonnaise in this recipe.
- White Wine Vinegar: If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead.
- Honey: Feel free to leave this out, but a bit of sweetness helps to balance out the flavors of this dressing. You can use white sugar or maple syrup instead of honey if you’d like.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.