This cornbread salad is fun and simple to make! Simply stack cubed cornbread, a variety of fresh vegetables, and top everything off with a creamy ranch dressing. Every layer of this savory cornbread salad is as delicious as the last!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It features a homemade cornbread recipe that is out-of-this-world delicious! Also, the bonus cornbread recipe makes more cornbread than you’ll need for this salad. Leaving you with leftover cornbread to enjoy however you’d like!
- It truly has a little bit of everything! Crumbly cornbread, sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, crunchy bell peppers – and the list goes on.
- This cornbread salad is a total crowd-pleaser! Not only is it visually appealing, but will have guests coming back for second helpings. Make this simple dish for your next potluck or summer barbecue!
Cornbread – Scroll to the bottom of this recipe for a homemade cornbread recipe! Though if you’re short on time, feel free to mix up a batch of cornbread using your favorite boxed mix. And if you’re looking to make this even easier, simply pick up pre-made cornbread from the store.
Bacon – Crispy bacon is a savory delight in this cornbread salad. Cook 12 bacon strips ahead of making this recipe, then give them a quick chop before sprinkling in your dish.
Ranch Dressing – You have a few options when it comes to the ranch dressing. You can either buy it in a bottle, mix it up using a ranch packet, or make it completely from scratch. Whichever method you choose, I’m sure your cornbread salad will taste delicious!
- If you’re not a fan of one of the ingredients, feel free to leave it out! You can also layer the salad however you’d like, no need to stick to the order outlined in the recipe below.
- Be sure to cover and store your cornbread salad in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving. The time left to chill will help the flavors develop, making this dish even more delicious!
- You can either serve this salad layered, which is my preferred way of serving, or toss everything together before serving. I find that the cornbread salad looks more appealing when layered, then guests are free to serve themselves however they’d like.
More Easy and Delicious Salad Recipes
- 3 cups cornbread cut into 1-inch cubes, see recipe below
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 12 bacon strips cooked
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups ranch dressing
- Large bowl
- Place cornbread cubes into the bottom of a large bowl or trifle bowl.
- Top cornbread with pinto beans, then top beans with chopped bell pepper.
- Next, top with corn then chopped green onion.
- Slice the cooked bacon into ½-inch pieces, then sprinkle over green onions.
- Then top with chopped tomatoes, followed by shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour ranch dressing over top then cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use our gluten-free cornbread recipe to make this a gluten-free cornbread salad!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the butter and sugar and stir well then add milk and eggs; stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean. Let cool then cut into 1-inch cubes and use in the recipe above.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment