The quickest and easiest way to cook frozen onion rings is in the air fryer! This method takes just 10 minutes, and cooks up perfectly crispy, golden brown onion rings every time. Don’t forget the homemade bloomin’ onion sauce – it takes this easy side dish to the next level.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s super quick and easy! Simply place your frozen onions rings in your air fryer basket or tray, then cook for 10 minutes. While those cook, mix up your sauce, then that’s it – enjoy!
- It features an out-of-this-world homemade bloomin’ onion sauce! This simple sauce includes only a handful of ingredients that you probably already have on-hand. Don’t sleep on the sauce, it’ll take this appetizer to the next level!
- It guarantees irresistibly crispy and utterly perfect onion rings every time. It’s virtually impossible to mess up this insanely easy recipe! The air fryer will even shut off once done, so you won’t have to worry about overcooking.
Frozen Onion Rings – Any and all frozen onion rings will work! There are a variety of brands out there, most of which I’ve tried and trust me, they’re all pretty dang delicious. And don’t bother defrosting your frozen onion rings before cooking them in this recipe, there’s simply no need!
Mayonnaise – Mayo is the base to our bloomin’ onion sauce. It’s perfectly mild and creamy, creating a lusciously smooth and delicious dip. Though feel free to use any kind of mayo you’d like, even low-fat mayo will work!
- If your frozen onion rings aren’t as crispy as you’d like them, then simply stick them back in the air fryer for a few more minutes. Depending on the size and brand of your onion rings, they could take up to 12 minutes to achieve your desired crispness.
- While not a requirement, I highly recommend you make the bloomin’ onion sauce to pair with your onion rings! It’s perfectly tangy, with just the right amount of flavor to compliment the rings. It also tastes delicious with french fries, tater tots, or even baby carrots!
- Store leftover frozen onion rings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, avoid microwaving and instead place them back into the air fryer at 400° Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes. Leftover bloomin’ onion sauce can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Other Easy and Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Homemade Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Zucchini
- Easy Air Fryer Home Fries
- 6 ounces frozen onion rings
- air fryer
- Small bowl
- Place onion rings in air fryer basket or tray.
- Cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, pausing to shake the tray or basket halfway through.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients in a bowl and serve alongside onion rings.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.