This air fried zucchini is simple and incredibly easy to make! With just four ingredients you’ll have a healthy and tasty side dish. Make this air fried zucchini the next time you’re craving a crispy and savory snack!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It takes no effort at all! Slice and season the zucchini, then let the air fryer do all the work. This is the perfect side dish recipe to walk away from while you prep your main course, you’ll return to perfectly cooked zucchini every time!
- It’s incredibly healthy, but still delicious! Zucchini is rich and vitamins and minerals, making it a great addition to your diet. This air fried zucchini is an ideal low-carb snack.
- The air fryer takes all the guesswork out of cooking the zucchini! There’s no need to worry about overcooked, undercooked, or burnt zucchini when following this recipe.
Zucchini – Zucchini season is upon us, though I can almost always find zucchini at my local grocery store. This simple and versatile vegetable is very mild in flavor and takes on whatever flavors you pair it with. There’s no need to remove the skin for this recipe. To prepare, simply wash your zucchini then slice it into 1/2-inch thick slices. Feel free to slice them thinner for even crispier air fried zucchini, though if doing this, you’ll also want to reduce your cooking time by 3-5 minutes.
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray – I love cooking spray for how easy it is to use! A quick spritz on these zucchini slices is all you’ll need for this recipe. However, if you don’t have cooking spray you can easily use a tablespoon of olive oil instead.
Parmesan Cheese – Like I said earlier, zucchini pretty much takes on whatever flavors you pair it with. Therefore, a sprinkling of parmesan cheese over this air fried zucchini makes it savory and addictive!
- Feel free to add whatever spices or flavors you’d like to this air fried zucchini recipe! If you’re looking to make this dairy-free, simply swap the parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice over this zucchini would also taste delicious.
- Spread the zucchini slices in an even layer in your air fryer. Avoid stacking the zucchini, as that could result in soggy zucchini. When placed in an even layer, the air fried zucchini will crisp up evenly and perfectly.
- Not all air fryers are created equal, therefore when you pause the air fryer to flip your zucchini halfway through cooking, evaluate how quickly or slowly they’ve cooked. If your zucchini looks like they’re browning rather quickly, reduce the cooking time by 3-5 minutes. And if when your zucchini is done cooking, they’re not crispy enough – pop them back in the air fryer for a few more minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Homemade Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 30 Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Homemade Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Popcorn
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- 2 zucchini sliced into 1/2" thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Air fryer
- Place zucchini slices in air fryer basket, then coat with oil and season with salt.
- Air Fry at 400° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, pausing to flip each zucchini slice halfway through.
- Sprinkle zucchini with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Make it Vegan: Sprinkle with nutritional yeast instead of grated parmesan cheese.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.