This air fried zucchini is simple and incredibly easy to make! With just four ingredients you’ll have a healthy and tasty side dish. Make this air fried zucchini the next time you’re craving a crispy and savory snack!
What Makes This Air Fried Zucchini So Good
- It takes no effort at all! Slice and season the zucchini, then let the air fryer do all the work. This is the perfect side dish recipe to walk away from while you prep your main course, you’ll return to perfectly cooked zucchini every time!
- It’s incredibly healthy, but still delicious! Zucchini is rich and vitamins and minerals, making it a great addition to your diet. This air fried zucchini is an ideal low-carb snack.
- The air fryer takes all the guesswork out of cooking the zucchini! There’s no need to worry about overcooked, undercooked, or burnt zucchini when following this recipe.
Key Ingredients for Air Fried Zucchini
Zucchini – Zucchini season is upon us, though I can almost always find zucchini at my local grocery store. This simple and versatile vegetable is very mild in flavor and takes on whatever flavors you pair it with. There’s no need to remove the skin for this recipe. To prepare, simply wash your zucchini then slice it into 1/2-inch thick slices. Feel free to slice them thinner for even crispier air fried zucchini, though if doing this, you’ll also want to reduce your cooking time by 3-5 minutes.
Olive Oil or Cooking Spray – I love cooking spray for how easy it is to use! A quick spritz on these zucchini slices is all you’ll need for this recipe. However, if you don’t have cooking spray you can easily use a tablespoon of olive oil instead.
Parmesan Cheese – Like I said earlier, zucchini pretty much takes on whatever flavors you pair it with. Therefore, a sprinkling of parmesan cheese over this air fried zucchini makes it savory and addictive!
- Feel free to add whatever spices or flavors you’d like to this air fried zucchini recipe! If you’re looking to make this dairy-free, simply swap the parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice over this zucchini would also taste delicious.
- Spread the zucchini slices in an even layer in your air fryer. Avoid stacking the zucchini, as that could result in soggy zucchini. When placed in an even layer, the air fried zucchini will crisp up evenly and perfectly.
- Not all air fryers are created equal, therefore when you pause the air fryer to flip your zucchini halfway through cooking, evaluate how quickly or slowly they’ve cooked. If your zucchini looks like they’re browning rather quickly, reduce the cooking time by 3-5 minutes. And if when your zucchini is done cooking, they’re not crispy enough – pop them back in the air fryer for a few more minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fried Zucchini
- Air fryer
- 2 zucchini sliced into 1/2" thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Place zucchini slices in air fryer basket, then coat with oil and season with salt.
- Air Fry at 400° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, pausing to flip each zucchini slice halfway through.
- Sprinkle zucchini with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- Make it Vegan: Sprinkle with nutritional yeast instead of grated parmesan cheese.
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!