Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
These air fryer pumpkin seeds are super crispy and delicious! Make the most out of your pumpkins this year and turn their seeds into a healthy snack.
What Makes This Snack Recipe So Good
- They’re a great way to put the typically discarded part of a pumpkin to good use! Whether you’re carving or roasting a pumpkin this year, make sure to save the seeds. This recipe is an ideal way to reduce waste!
- They’re extra crunchy and fun to snack on! I love popping a handful of these pumpkin seeds in my mouth whenever hunger hits. They’re perfectly salty and surprisingly addictive.
- They’re loaded with good-for-you vitamins and minerals! These air fryer pumpkin seeds require only a tiny bit of oil, cutting down on unnecessary calories. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in zinc, magnesium, and antioxidants!
Pumpkin Seeds – You can use either pumpkin seeds you harvest yourself from the inside of a pumpkin or store-bought raw and unsalted pumpkin seeds in this recipe. As previously stated, this recipe is the perfect way to avoid discarding the insides of a carved or roasted pumpkin. However, if you’re craving crunchy and savory pumpkin seeds but don’t have a whole pumpkin handy, simply purchase just the seeds from the store!
Avocado Oil – Any vegetable oil will work here, but I prefer avocado oil on these pumpkin seeds. Avocado oil has a very mild and undetectable flavor which makes it ideal for this recipe.
- Allow your pumpkin seeds to dry completely before cooking them. Any residual moisture will steam the pumpkin seeds, making them less crispy. Therefore, to achieve the crispiest seeds possible, leave them to dry on a kitchen towel for at least an hour.
- Feel free to add any seasoning you’d like to these air fryer pumpkin seeds! A pinch of paprika, garlic powder, or even cayenne pepper would take this snack to the next level. If adding spices, include them with the salt and pepper in the second step.
- There are a variety of ways to enjoy your pumpkin seeds! I enjoy them completely on their own as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. Though I’ve also tossed them into salads and over soups – both of which tasted incredible!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Fresh pumpkin seeds see Notes
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Medium bowl
- Air fryer
- Wash and rinse pumpkin seeds well, then lay out on a dish towel until completely dry.
- Toss together dried pumpkin seeds, avocado oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl then transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, pausing to shake basket halfway through.
- Pumpkin Seeds: If you don’t have fresh pumpkin seeds, you can use store-bought raw and unsalted pumpkin seeds instead.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment