These air fryer pumpkin seeds are super crispy and delicious! Make the most out of your pumpkins this year and turn their seeds into a healthy snack.
What Makes These Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds So Good
- They’re a great way to put the typically discarded part of a pumpkin to good use! Whether you’re carving or roasting a pumpkin this year, make sure to save the seeds. This recipe is an ideal way to reduce waste!
- They’re extra crunchy and fun to snack on! I love popping a handful of these pumpkin seeds in my mouth whenever hunger hits. They’re perfectly salty and surprisingly addictive.
- They’re loaded with good-for-you vitamins and minerals! These air fryer pumpkin seeds require only a tiny bit of oil, cutting down on unnecessary calories. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in zinc, magnesium, and antioxidants!
Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds – You can use either pumpkin seeds you harvest yourself from the inside of a pumpkin or store-bought raw and unsalted pumpkin seeds in this recipe. As previously stated, this recipe is the perfect way to avoid discarding the insides of a carved or roasted pumpkin. However, if you’re craving crunchy and savory pumpkin seeds but don’t have a whole pumpkin handy, simply purchase just the seeds from the store!
Avocado Oil – Any vegetable oil will work here, but I prefer avocado oil on these pumpkin seeds. Avocado oil has a very mild and undetectable flavor which makes it ideal for this recipe.
- Allow your pumpkin seeds to dry completely before cooking them. Any residual moisture will steam the pumpkin seeds, making them less crispy. Therefore, to achieve the crispiest seeds possible, leave them to dry on a kitchen towel for at least an hour.
- Feel free to add any seasoning you’d like to these air fryer pumpkin seeds! A pinch of paprika, garlic powder, or even cayenne pepper would take this snack to the next level. If adding spices, include them with the salt and pepper in the second step.
- There are a variety of ways to enjoy your pumpkin seeds! I enjoy them completely on their own as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. Though I’ve also tossed them into salads and over soups – both of which tasted incredible!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Medium bowl
- Air fryer
- Wash and rinse pumpkin seeds well, then lay out on a dish towel until completely dry.
- Toss together dried pumpkin seeds, avocado oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl then transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 360° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, pausing to shake basket halfway through.
- Pumpkin Seeds: If you don’t have fresh pumpkin seeds, you can use store-bought raw and unsalted pumpkin seeds instead.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!