Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
Making pizza rolls in the air fryer is the fastest and easiest way to get deliciously crispy pizza rolls with cheesy melty insides! Once we started cooking our pizza rolls in the air fryer, we never made them another way for my family. Super quick and easy.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- When you cook pizza rolls in the air fryer, they come out perfectly crispy outside and perfectly melty and hot inside. Way better results than cooking them in the microwave. It’s faster than using the oven, too, and you don’t heat up the entire kitchen!
- Air frying is so quick and easy! Since you’re cooking the food straight out of the freezer, you just tear open the box or bag and dump the pizza rolls in the basket! Perfect when you (or the kids) just want a snack or something quick to eat.
- The air fryer is also perfect for reheating any leftovers you might end up with. Preheat the air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit and pop the leftovers back in for 2 minutes, or until they’re warmed through and crisp again. The pizza rolls are best when they’re fresh, but they’re delicious reheated, too.
Pizza Rolls – This method works for any brand and any variety of pizza rolls. We’re big fans of Annie’s Pizza Poppers and Amy’s Pizza Snacks in my house, but you can absolutely use Totino’s Pizza Rolls or even the Michelina’s version. If you use mini pizza rolls, you probably won’t need to cook them as long, so keep that in mind!
Dipping Sauce – OK, this is totally optional, but a dipping sauce is an easy way to level up the pizza roll experience. If you typically like ranch with your pizza, you have to try ranch with your pizza rolls. Pizza sauce is a great option, too, or you could make a quick melted garlic butter sauce. Of course, pizza rolls are great all on their own, so feel free to skip a sauce.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket! If you put too many pizza rolls in at once, the air won’t be able to circulate well. If the air can’t circulate, the pizza rolls won’t cook evenly. Work in batches as needed!
- If you usually have trouble with food sticking to your air fryer basket, you can spray the basket with an air-fryer-safe spray oil before adding the pizza rolls. Be sure to use one that’s safe for air fryers. Aerosol cooking sprays can damage the coating on the basket. Another light spray of oil on the top of the pizza rolls will give them an even crispier finish, too! I honestly didn’t find that I needed it, though. Mine came out crispy without the oil!
- To make sure the pizza rolls cook evenly, take the air fryer basket out halfway through the cook time and give it a good shake. That also helps the pizza rolls not stick to the basket. If you’re using an air fryer with racks, you’ll want to rotate the racks instead.
- Pizza rolls exploded in the air fryer? That means they were cooked a little too long! Lower the cook time by a minute or two next time. You could also lower the temperature to 370° Fahrenheit and keep the cook time the same. Every air fryer is different so be sure to adapt this method to fit your specific appliance!
More Air Fryer Recipes You Have to Try
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer with an Easy Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Salmon with Brown Sugar Crust
- Perfect Air Fryer French Toast
- Air Fryer Steak with Easy Herb Butter
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings in Buffalo Sauce
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 16-20 frozen pizza rolls 2 boxes of Annie's Pizza Poppers or 1 small bag of Totino's Pizza Rolls
- Air fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit.
- When preheated, remove basket from air fryer and layer pizza rolls in one even layer. Work in batches as needed.
- Cook 3 minutes. Remove basket from air fryer and shake, then return basket to air fryer. Cook another 3 minutes. Carefully remove from air fryer. Repeat with any remaining frozen pizza rolls.
- Serve air fryer pizza rolls on their own or with pizza sauce, ranch, or melted garlic butter for dipping. Caution: the pizza rolls will be very hot! Let them cool a minute or two before eating.
- Pizza Rolls: Use your favorite brand and type of pizza rolls here! We love both Annie’s and Amy’s in my house, but Totino’s and Michelina’s will work, too!
- Be sure to shake the air fryer basket halfway through the cook time so the pizza rolls cook evenly.
- If the pizza rolls explode in the air fryer basket, that means they were overcooked. Try lowering the cook time or the temperature with the next batch.
- This method was tested and perfected using a Chefman air fryer. Air fryers vary from one model to another, so your cook time may be 1-2 minutes longer or shorter depending on your appliance and the size and number of pizza rolls you’re cooking.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan pizza rolls.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free pizza rolls.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment