This recipe is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This bacon guacamole is simply epic! Based on the Chipotle guacamole recipe with just the perfect salty bacon-y crunch, this guac is the perfect keto or paleo appetizer or side with tortilla chips, grain-free tortilla chips, or on burrito bowls.
Why This Bacon Guacamole is So Good!
- This guacamole is insanely addictive — salty and richly flavorful with lime, onion, and cilantro.
- It’s oh so easy to make in just five minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
- This bacon guacamole is perfect for keto, paleo, and low carb diets.
How To Make Bacon Guacamole
- Dice the bacon and cook in a skillet on the stove until it’s nice and crispy. Put on a paper towel covered plate to drain the grease, then put to the side.
- Add the peeled, pitted avocados to a bowl along with the lime juice and salt. Mash with a potato masher until smooth with some chunks of avocado left.
- Add in red onion, jalapeño (if desired), and cilantro, and stir until mixed well.
- Sprinkle bacon on top of guacamole and serve with chips, pieces of bacon, veggies, or in a burrito or taco bowl.
Top Tips for Making Bacon Guacamole
- Make sure to use sugar-free bacon. We used Pederson’s, which is available at Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
- We love Sprouts brand grain-free tortilla chips! Siete is amazing, too; both can be found at Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
- If you are on a keto diet, you can make your own keto tortilla chips or use pieces of bacon, cut into thirds and cooked until crisp, to dip! Parmesan crisps are also great for dipping.
- For paleo, use plantain chips, or try it on top of burrito bowls or taco salads.
- Leave out the bacon for vegan guacamole.
More Delicious Dips
And if you’re counting grams of net carbs, make sure you bookmark our Net Carb Calculator to easily calculate carbs for a keto or low carb diet.
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Potato masher
- 2 large Hass avocados halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper finely chopped, with seeds for spicy and without for mild. Optional
- 2-3 slices sugar-free bacon diced, cooked until crisp, and drained. See Note
- grain-free or traditional tortilla chips
- plantain chips for paleo
- slices of bacon cut into thirds, cooked until crisp, and drained. For dipping on keto
- Dice bacon and cook in skillet until crispy. Put to the side.
- Add avocados, lime, and salt to a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher until smooth with some chunks remaining.
- Add in red onion, jalapeño (if desired), and cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
- Sprinkle bacon on top of guacamole and serve.
- Bacon: Make sure to use sugar-free bacon. We used Pederson’s, which is available at Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
- Serving options: Siete or Sprouts brand grain-free tortilla chips, vegetables, on top of dietary-compliant burrito bowls or taco bowls, or see specific recommendations below.
- For keto: Make your own tortilla chips or use pieces of bacon or parmesan crisps to dip.
- For paleo: Use plantain chips.
- For vegan/vegetarian guacamole: Leave out the bacon.