This Big Mac salad is the healthier version of a beloved classic! Hearty ground beef, crisp lettuce, and a creamy Big Mac dressing will make this your new favorite salad recipe. This recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, that’s faster than a trip to your local drive-through!
What Makes This Big Mac Salad Recipe So Good
- It has all the flavors of a Big Mac, but is so much healthier. This low-carb salad is the trick to curbing your fast food cravings. It’s literally a Big Mac sandwich, minus the bun.
- This recipe features a Big Mac salad dressing that pairs well with virtually anything! I like to save some leftover dressing and then add it to all of my sandwiches. You can also pour this dressing over any salad for a creamy, delicious addition.
- It’s naturally low-carb and easy to make keto! This Big Mac salad is loaded with nutritious fresh vegetables and is high in protein and healthy fats. It’ll be your go-to healthy, though crazy delicious, lunch recipe.
Key Ingredients for Big Mac Salad
Ground Beef – The ground beef takes the place of the burger patty you’d find in a Big Mac sandwich. We keep things simple by cooking the ground beef in a little oil, salt and pepper. Therefore, it serves as the perfect protein addition to this Big Mac salad.
Romaine Lettuce – You could also use iceberg lettuce, if you’d like! Both are crispy, crunchy lettuces making the perfect base to this recipe.
Dill Pickles – It’s small additions like dill pickles that make this salad taste like an actual Big Mac. I’d be remiss if I forget these! Though if you order your Big Mac without pickles, feel free to leave them off your salad as well.
Big Mac Dressing – This tastes just like the Big Mac sauce you’d find on your burger. Your salad won’t be complete without it! I highly recommend making a double batch of this dressing and saving some for sandwiches later on.
- I recommend using lean ground beef in this recipe. At the grocery store, look for 85% lean ground beef or higher. Once cooked, it will yield little to no fat, saving you the step of having to drain off the fat.
- This salad is the perfect meal-prep recipe! Simply cook your beef, wash and chop all your veggies, and prepare the salad dressing ahead of time. Store everything in the fridge in separate containers – when ready to eat, assemble your salad and enjoy!
- Add in or take out any ingredients in this salad you don’t enjoy. This Big Mac salad can be totally customized to your preferences. So go ahead and get creative, make this recipe your own!
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Big Mac Salad
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
For the Salad
- Add olive oil to large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add in ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook and crumble until no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes.
- While beef cooks, add all dressing ingredients to small bowl and mix together. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, dill pickles, onions and cooked ground beef to large salad bowl. Top salad with dressing and serve.
- Ground Beef: I recommend 85% lean ground beef or higher. You can also substitute the beef for 1 pound of ground turkey or chicken, if you’d like.
- Romaine Lettuce: The romaine lettuce can be substituted for 6 cups of chopped iceberg lettuce.
- Mayonnaise: Use whatever kind of mayonnaise you’d like. Low-fat, avocado oil, or vegan mayonnaise will all work.
- Mustard: Yellow mustard and dijon mustard work best in this recipe.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can use white vinegar instead.
- Make it Keto: Leave off the onions, use full-fat mayo, and make sure to use unsweetened, keto-friendly condiments in the dressing.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!