This Whole30 ketchup recipe is made with only a few ingredients, no dates, and requires no blending. It’s perfect on everything and in so many other sauces! This Whole30 ketchup is a total must, and you’ll want to keep a jar of this paleo condiment on hand at all times.
This is no regular Whole30 ketchup.
No, this is the Whole30 ketchup of hope. Of Promise.
And you know what else about this Whole30 ketchup recipe? No dates, sister. No dates, no blending, nada. In fact, I’m sort of anti-dates in a Whole30. For me, they’re total candy, and I found myself noshing on them in the early days of my last round, clearly just staving off that sugar dragon in the laziest of ways. Oh, and speaking of lazy? I’m anti-dates in a sauce because, lazy. Dates in sauces mean blending, more dishes, more hand-washing (Uh, dates are sticky), more just more.
So this Whole30 ketchup recipe is sweetened a different way–my favorite way, in fact! With the almighty coconut aminos.
What makes this Whole30 ketchup recipe so good:
- It tastes just like “regular” ketchup but is free of added sugars and Whole30 compliant.
- This Whole30 ketchup recipe includes no dates, meaning no blending!
- It comes together super easily and keeps in the fridge for a long time.
The thing about coconut aminos is that they’re sweet! They’re sort of salty, but not very. I never entirely replace salt with coconut aminos, but I absolutely love using them to give a recipe a natural sweetness and depth of flavor.
And they’re absolutely perfect in this Whole30 ketchup recipe. It works like this: stir some stuff together, let it simmer, and… you’re done. Easy, easy, easy.
- Stir in a bit of my Whole30 sriracha recipe for a spicy take on this Whole30 ketchup.
- Blend the whole batch with a couple of cloves of garlic for a delicious, garlicky ketchup.
- Whisk in about 1/2-1 cup of my Whole30 mayo for an awesome and easy creamy dip.
Can you have ketchup on Whole30?
Yes! And also no. You can have compliant ketchup, like this Whole30 ketchup recipe, or a store-bought version like Tessemae’s. If your ketchup has any type of sugar listed in the ingredients, it’s not compliant. You can check out my Whole30 food list here to make sure you’re avoiding even the sneakiest of sugars!
Which coconut aminos should I buy?
My very favorite coconut aminos are from Big Tree Farms. They’re affordable and super delicious, thick, and rich. I have a bottle in the fridge at all times and a bottle in the pantry as a backup. I don’t play around with coconut aminos, y’all. They’re key in my Whole30 egg roll in a bowl recipe and my Whole30 lettuce wraps, too.
Can I skip the coconut aminos?
No! Please don’t. The coconut aminos give this Whole30 ketchup its sweetness and richness, and you’d be missing a lot of both without it.
How to Make This Whole30 Ketchup Recipe
Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat; whisk well.
Simmer until a bit reduced and thickened, about 20 minutes. Salt to taste.
Pour into an air-tight container and chill.
This Whole30 ketchup keeps in the fridge at least 4 weeks.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- One Minute Whole30 Mayo (Immersion Blender)
- Whole30 Dump Ranch Dressing
- In N Out Burgers Double Double Animal Style (Whole30, Paleo, Low Carb)
- Whole30 Bang Bang Shrimp
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Whole30 Ketchup Recipe (No Dates, Paleo Vegan)
This Whole30 ketchup recipe is made with only a few ingredients, no dates, and requires no blending. It's perfect on everything and in so many other sauces! This Whole30 condiment is a total must, and you'll want to keep a jar of this Whole30 ketchup recipe on hand at all times.
Makes about 2 cups.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat; whisk well. Simmer until slightly reduced, about 20 minutes then salt to taste. Cool before transferring to a jar; refrigerate.