This is the BEST ever rice pilaf, if you ask me! Rice is sautéed in butter then baked with stock and aromatics for the perfect, super flavorful side dish. I got this recipe from my mother, who’s been making it for decades. The aromatics make it different and better from most rice pilafs, and that’s why it’s a family favorite!
Why This Rice Pilaf Is So Good
- This rice pilaf is so easy, but so delicious and fragrant! Buttery rice with fresh, aromatic celery, carrots, and parsley, with slivers of almonds and tangy lemon juice make this the perfect side dish.
- My mom has been making this dish for as long as I can remember. The warm, comforting aroma of this rice pilaf brings back so many wonderful memories, and I’m sure it will become a staple side in your household, too!
- Pilaf is the perfect way to dress up rice. The simple ingredients in this recipe are easy to find (you may already have them!) and are an amazing way to kick your pantry staple up a notch!
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat over to 375º F. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet. Add the rice and cook, stirring often, until light brown.
- Stir in the chicken broth. Heat until the broth is boiling. Pour everything into a lightly greased casserole dish, then cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir in the celery, parsley, carrots, and sliced almonds, then stir in the pepper. Cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over everything and stir. Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.
Top Tips For Making
- To make vegetarian, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- For vegan, use vegan butter instead of regular butter, as well as subbing vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
What Is Pilaf?
Pilaf refers to how the dish is prepared, which is with broth instead of in water like traditional rice. While rice pilaf is made with rice (obviously), pilaf can also be made with other ingredients like wheat or orzo. Paella, pilau, and biryani all evolved from pilaf.
More Easy Recipes
- Mom’s Best Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 5 Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Almond Flour Banana Bread
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Rice is sautéed in butter then baked with stock and aromatics for the perfect, super flavorful side dish.
Preheat oven to 375º F. Melt butter in a heavy skillet, then add rice. Cook, stirring often, until light brown.
Stir in chicken broth and eat until boiling. Pour everything into lightly greased casserole dish, then cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and stir in celery, parsley, carrots, and sliced almonds, then pepper. Cover and bake for additional 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over everything and stir (optional). Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.
- Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Vegan: Sub vegetable broth for chicken broth and use vegan butter instead of regular butter.