Please Note: This recipe is sponsored by Diamond of California, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Irresistibly crispy pecan crusted chicken made in the air fryer! Quick, easy, healthy, and totally delicious. Tender, juicy chicken coated in crunchy Diamond of California pecans, then finished off with an incredible honey mustard sauce – all ready in under 20 minutes!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It comes together in under 20 minutes! Prepare the crispy coating, then dip and cook your chicken in the air fryer for just 12 minutes. While the chicken cooks, prepare your 3-ingredient honey mustard sauce, and that’s it – dinner is served!
- It’s extra crispy and extra good for you! Two things make this chicken recipe better than fried options – one is the air fryer, and two is the Diamond of California pecans. Their pecan halves, chopped pecans, or finely diced pecans will all work perfectly here!
- It’s a total family favorite that I promise even your kids will love! Serve it on its own or alongside your favorite veggies. I’m partial to cheesy roasted asparagus, steamed broccoli, or cauliflower au gratin myself.
- Work in batches if you need to! The key is cooking the chicken in an even layer inside your air fryer tray or basket. If you’re not able to fit all four cutlets into your air fryer at once, then separate them into two batches.
- The honey mustard sauce is optional, yes, but highly recommended! This crispy pecan chicken has tons of flavor on its own, but a little drizzle of honey mustard takes it to the next level. If you’re not convinced, serve it on the side so you can test it out.
- Store any leftover air fryer pecan crusted chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. The honey mustard sauce will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month.
- Pressed for time or just don’t feel like dragging out the food processor? You can eliminate that step altogether by using Diamond of California’s Nut Coatings! They’re an easy, ready-made breading alternative that you can use in place of the breading on this chicken or really any other protein. They come in 3 great flavors, too, so you can change things up a little each time.
Air Fryer Sides To Round Out This Meal!
- The BEST Air Fryer Broccoli
- Homemade Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fried Zucchini
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Roasted Air Fryer Carrots
For the Pecan-Crusted Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts approximately 1-1 ½ pounds; cut in half lengthwise to create 4 chicken cutlets
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Diamond of California pecans halved, chopped, or finely diced
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- Air fryer
- Paper towels
- Food processor
- 2 shallow bowls
- 2 whisks
- Spray oil safe for air fryers
- Small bowl
- Preheat air fryer to 360° Fahrenheit. Pat chicken cutlets completely dry with paper towels. Liberally season all sides of each cutlet with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add pecans to food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, but don't overdo it. Transfer finely chopped pecans to one shallow bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, paprika, and garlic powder to bowl with pecans. Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Crack egg into second shallow bowl and whisk until yolk and whites are fully combined.
- Dip one cutlet in whisked egg, coating both sides of cutlet well. Let excess egg drip back into bowl, then place cutlet in pecan mixture. Flip cutlet in pecan breading until both sides of cutlet are well-coated, then transfer cutlet to plate and set aside. Repeat until all chicken cutlets have been coated in egg and pecan mixture.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place chicken cutlets in air fryer basket in one even layer, being careful not to stack or overlap cutlets. Work in batches as needed. Spray tops of chicken cutlets lightly with spray oil then return basket to preheated air fryer.
- Cook 6 minutes, then remove basket and flip cutlets over. Return basket to air fryer and cook another 6 minutes.
- While cutlets cook, stir together all ingredients for honey mustard sauce in small bowl. Once chicken is fully cooked, serve immediately with honey mustard sauce and desired sauce.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Make it Low Carb: Use almond meal instead of panko breadcrumbs.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.