This lemon garlic shrimp is so delicious and is ready in just 5 minutes! It’s so quick and easy to whip up but is good enough to serve company.
Why This 5 Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe Is So Good
- Uh, hello! It only takes 5 minutes to cook – 10 minutes total including prep!
- The lemon juice and garlic work perfectly together for a bright but garlicky shrimp and sauce.
- This recipe is crazy easy to make but delicious enough for company.
- The ingredients are simple but healthy and unprocessed. You likely already have them on hand in the house, too!
- It’s naturally healthy, low carb, and keto, and this recipe is easy to make paleo or Whole30 compliant.
How to Make 5 Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp
It’s really simple! Start with quality, fresh ingredients:
- Medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined. You can leave the tail on or take it off.
- Butter, preferably organic and unsalted.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Fresh garlic, minced.
- Dry white wine.
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Fresh parsley, minced, for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a medium or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle plenty of salt over. Cook without stirring about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Pour in the lemon juice and white wine and cook 2 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are totally pink and cooked through.
- Toss with more salt, to taste, black pepper, and fresh parsley.
- Serve over your noodle, rice, or starch of choice!
What to serve with lemon garlic shrimp?
I love to serve these lemon garlic shrimp over:
- Long pasta, like angel hair
- Zucchini noodles, for a low carb or paleo option
- Mashed potatoes
- Rice or cauliflower rice
I like to serve this lemon garlic shrimp with:
- Grilled or broiled asparagus
- Roasted broccoli
- Pan-fried zucchini rounds
- Use a garlic press to make this recipe even quicker and easier.
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp to make prep foolproof.
- Use fresh lemon juice – trust me! It makes a big difference in the flavor of this dish.
- Use medium or large shrimp.
Make It Paleo, Whole30, or Dairy Free
- If you’re paleo or on Whole30, switch out the butter for ghee.
- If you’re on a Whole30, replace the white wine with compliant chicken broth.
- If you’re dairy free, swap the butter for vegan butter, like Miyoko’s.
- This recipe is naturally low carb and keto.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
5 Minute Lemon Garlic Shrimp
This super flavorful lemon garlic shrimp takes only 5 minutes to cook, or about 10 minutes total including prep time. Oh so quick and easy but totally delicious.
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced. See Note
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute, not stirring.
Add minced garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring regularly. Pour in the white wine and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Toss with fresh chopped parsley and salt to taste. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, pasta, or cauliflower rice.
I adore my garlic press to make this recipe even quicker and easier.
You can leave the tails on the shrimp for a more stunning appearance, but it’s easier to eat with the tails off.