This lemon garlic shrimp is so delicious and is ready in just 5 minutes! It’s so quick and easy to whip up but is good enough to serve company.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Uh, hello! It only takes 5 minutes to cook – 10 minutes total including prep!
- The lemon juice and garlic work perfectly together for a bright but garlicky shrimp and sauce.
- This recipe is crazy easy to make but delicious enough for company.
- The ingredients are simple but healthy and unprocessed. You likely already have them on hand in the house, too!
- It’s naturally healthy, low carb, and keto, and this recipe is easy to make paleo or Whole30 compliant.
How to Make It
It’s really simple! Start with quality, fresh ingredients:
- Medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined. You can leave the tail on or take it off.
- Butter, preferably organic and unsalted.
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Fresh garlic, minced.
- Dry white wine.
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Fresh parsley, minced, for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a medium or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle plenty of salt over. Cook without stirring about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Pour in the lemon juice and white wine and cook 2 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are totally pink and cooked through.
- Toss with more salt, to taste, black pepper, and fresh parsley.
- Serve over your noodle, rice, or starch of choice!
I love to serve these lemon garlic shrimp over:
- Long pasta, like angel hair
- Zucchini noodles, for a low carb or paleo option
- Mashed potatoes
- Rice or cauliflower rice
I like to serve this lemon garlic shrimp with:
- Grilled or broiled asparagus
- Roasted broccoli
- Pan-fried zucchini rounds
- Use a garlic press to make this recipe even quicker and easier.
- Buy peeled and deveined shrimp to make prep foolproof.
- Use fresh lemon juice – trust me! It makes a big difference in the flavor of this dish.
- Use medium or large shrimp.
Make It Paleo, Whole30, or Dairy Free
- If you’re paleo or on Whole30, switch out the butter for ghee.
- If you’re on a Whole30, replace the white wine with compliant chicken broth.
- If you’re dairy free, swap the butter for vegan butter, like Miyoko’s.
- This recipe is naturally low carb and keto.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced. See Note
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute, not stirring.
- Add minced garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring regularly. Pour in the white wine and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Toss with fresh chopped parsley and salt to taste. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, pasta, or cauliflower rice.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.