Making hard-boiled eggs in an air fryer couldn’t be easier! There’s no water to boil, no under- or overcooked eggs, and it’s totally hands-off. Your eggs turn out perfect and easy to peel every time! Delicious on their own or in deviled eggs, on salads, in recipes, or for meal prep.
Why These Eggs Are So Good
- Hard-boiled eggs cooked in the air fryer are so easy! No water needed, so there’s no keeping an eye on the stove. Just set the timer and pop into cold water when done.
- “Boiling” your eggs in the air fryer ensures they turn out perfect every time. No under- or overcooked yolks! Plus, they’re easy to peel!
- Air fryer hard-boiled eggs are perfect on their own with a little salt and pepper, but also great for meal prep, salads, deviled eggs, or any recipe that requires hard-boiled eggs.
How To Make Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 300º.
- Add the eggs to the basket. Cook for 13 minutes for hard-boiled eggs (see notes for soft and medium boiled).
- After the time is up, carefully remove the eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water.
- After the eggs have cooled, drain the water. Jiggle the eggs in the bowl or a small glass to help them peel.
- For soft boiled, cook your eggs for 9 minutes. For medium, cook 11 minutes.
- Your air fryer may need different times due to different makes and models! It’s not a bad idea to test a sample egg at a lower amount of time to ensure you get the perfect yolk.
- Check out this video for an insanely easy, life-changing way to peel an egg.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- 30 Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Air fryer
- 1 egg
- Preheat air fryer 5 minutes at 300º.
- Add eggs to the fryer basket and cook for 13 minutes for a hard-boiled egg.
- Remove eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water.
- To peel, wait until eggs are cooled and shake in bowl or glass.
- Soft boiled eggs: Cook for 9 minutes.
- Medium boiled eggs: Cook for 11 minutes.
- Cook time: Time may vary based on the make and model of your air fryer. Test one egg prior to cooking whole patch to ensure desired texture of yolk.
- Trick for peeling: Place egg in about 1/2 full glass of water. Place hand or cover over the opening and shake violently until egg shell begins to crack.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.