Frozen Burrito in the Air Fryer
After cooking a frozen burrito in the air fryer, you’ll never bake or microwave one ever again! The air fryer is absolutely the best and easiest way to get crispy, flaky, evenly-cooked frozen burritos every single time. Use this method with any brand and any flavor of frozen burrito, and they’ll be ready to eat in less than 15 minutes!
🌯 What Makes This Method So Good
- If you’ve ever microwaved frozen burritos, you know how unreliable it can be. Like Hot Pockets, microwaved burritos can come out unevenly cooked, with hot spots that burn the roof of your mouth followed by convenient cold spots to ease the pain. Also like Hot Pockets, cooking a frozen burrito in the air fryer changes the game entirely. Deliciously crispy outside, evenly hot and melty inside. This is the only way I’ll cook them from now on.
- With air fryer frozen burritos, there’s absolutely zero prep. You don’t even need to defrost the burritos. Just preheat the air fryer for a few minutes, take the burritos out of the freezer, pop them into the basket, and check on them every so often. You’ll have easy freezer burritos ready to eat in just 10-15 minutes!
- Aside from frozen burritos, the air fryer also comes in handy for leftover burritos. Couldn’t finish your Chipotle or ended up ordering one too many items at Taco Bell? Refrigerate the leftovers for the next day and when you’re ready to eat them, just air fry them for 2 to 5 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit, until they’re warmed through again. You can spray a little oil on the basket and the top of the burrito before cooking to get them really crispy, too.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- A few factors will impact the cook time here. The age and model of your air fryer make a difference, as do the size and number of burritos you’re air frying. Keep a close eye on the burritos after the first 10 minutes of cooking and check them frequently. Take them out of the air fryer as soon as they’re crispy but before they begin to burn.
- If you’re planning to fit several frozen burritos in the air fryer basket, you might need to work in batches so the hot air has plenty of room to circulate. They won’t cook the way they need to if the burritos are stacked or touch at all.
- If you want to be extra-sure that the frozen burritos are hot all the way through to the center, you can check them with an internal food thermometer before you stop cooking them entirely. I would recommend this if you’re cooking burritos that are really large or really thick.
♨️ Reasons to LOVE Your Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Popcorn Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Chicken Fries in the Air Fryer
Frozen Burrito in the Air Fryer
- 2 frozen burritos any brand, any flavor
- Air fryer
- spray cooking oil safe for air fryers
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Once air fryer is preheated, remove basket and lightly spray basket with cooking oil. Place frozen burrito in air fryer basket, seam-side down, and return basket to air fryer.
- Air fry burrito 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove basket and carefully flip burrito over so seam faces up. Return basket to air fryer.
- Air fry burrito 5 minutes more. After 5 minutes, remove air fryer basket and check burrito for doneness. If burrito is not yet hot and crispy, return basket to air fryer.
- Continue air frying burrito, seam-side up, checking doneness every 2 minutes (not optional). See Notes below for suggested total cook times based on burrito size.
- Remove burrito from air fryer when burrito is crispy but not burnt. Let burrito cool slightly, then serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, or cilantro if desired.
- Cook times and temperature are based on cooking frozen burritos right out of the freezer, without thawing or defrosting them first.
- This method will work for any brand, any flavor, any number, and any size of frozen burritos.
- If you’re cooking multiple burritos, be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. The air has to be able to circulate fully to cook the food properly.
- Larger burritos may need longer cook times, while smaller burritos may need shorter cook times. Cook times will vary from air fryer to air fryer.
- Checking the burrito every 2 minutes is not optional – cooking it without checking frequently will guarantee a burnt burrito.
- For crispier burritos, lightly spray the tops of the burritos with cooking oil after placing them in the air fryer basket.
Suggested Total Cook Times
- Smaller burritos (5oz): approximately 10 minutes
- Larger burritos (6oz or more): approximately 12 to 13 minutes
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment