Air Fryer Green Beans
My favorite way to make green beans is in the air fryer! It’s quick and easy to throw this veggie side dish together, but the air fryer perfectly cooks the green beans. With just the right amount of beautifully browned spots without ending up soggy, my recipe packs the vegetable with tons of flavor.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Not only is this maybe the easiest green bean recipe ever, it’s also one of the best methods for perfect green beans. The air fryer makes them nice and crisp, never soggy, but not burnt, either. All in about 10 minutes!
- Thanks to a handful of seasonings, you end up with green beans that are full of flavor and work with a variety of main dishes. Pair them with marry me chicken (classic or Whole30), keto meatloaf, red pepper parmesan salmon, filet mignon… the list goes on and on!
- Green beans are great for basically any dietary need. Since there’s no butter in this recipe, these in particular are perfect for dairy free, vegan, paleo, and Whole30 lifestyles, in addition to being keto, low carb, and vegetarian. One dish that can make everyone happy? It’s almost too good to be true.
- If your air fryer is on the small side, you may need to cook these in multiple batches. Overcrowding the air fryer basket will keep the green beans from getting that wonderful crisp texture.
- Feel free to change up the seasonings to your taste. Red pepper flakes would work well, as would onion powder, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, grated parm…
- Make sure to dry the green beans off before tossing them in seasoning and oil. If they’re wet, they won’t have the same level of flavor and they won’t get crisp in the air fryer.
More Must-Try Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Air Fryer Hashbrowns with Chipotle Ketchup
- Frozen Salmon in the Air Fryer
- The Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets (Chick-Fil-A Style)
- Roasted Air Fryer Carrots
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans rinsed, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- lemon wedges optional, for serving
- Air fryer
- Medium bowl
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit. While air fryer preheats, add green beans, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt to medium bowl. Toss until green beans are well-coated.
- Place green beans in air fryer basket, spreading veggies into one even layer. Place basket in preheated air fryer and cook 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove basket from air fryer and shake basket to toss green beans, then return basket to air fryer. Cook another 4 minutes. Check green beans and cook 1 additional minute if needed to achieve desired texture. When satisfied with doneness, remove green beans from air fryer and serve as desired.
- If using frozen green beans, thaw overnight and drain well.
- Every air fryer is different. Keep an eye on the green beans and adjust the cook time as needed to achieve your desired doneness.
- Work in batches as needed to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment