If you’ve never cooked your hashbrowns in the air fryer, you’re missing out! This method is super easy and the hashbrowns develop the most delicious crispiness on the outside, all while staying tender on the inside. Paired with a delicious chipotle ketchup, this recipe is a must for brunch or breakfast.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This recipe is so easy, quick, and convenient! No need to thaw the hashbrowns first, either. Just go straight from the freezer to the air fryer, season them with a little salt and pepper, and flip them once halfway.
- Not only these air fryer hashbrowns are a lighter option, they also have the best texture! They’re crispy and tender at the same time and you won’t need to use a lot of oil or butter at all to get that result.
- I also included an easy, 2-ingredient, chipotle ketchup recipe. It goes so well with the hashbrowns and really takes your breakfast to the next level.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer. If you need to cook more than a one-pound bag of frozen hashbrowns, you’ll want to cook them in batches for best results.
- Don’t skip the flip! Flipping the hashbrowns halfway through cooking will make sure they are evenly cooked and crunchy on each side.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- The Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Frozen Salmon In The Air Fryer
- Sausage In The Air Fryer
For the Hashbrowns
- 1 pound frozen hashbrowns approximately 1 bag
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For the Chipotle Ketchup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- Air fryer
- spray oil safe for air fryers
- Small bowl
- Whisk or spoon
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit. Lightly coat air fryer basket with spray oil safe for air fryers.
- Place frozen shredded hashbrowns in air fryer basket and spread into one even layer. Season with salt and pepper, then lightly spritz top of hashbrowns with additional spray oil.
- Return basket to air fryer. Cook 7 minutes, then remove basket and use spatula to flip hashbrowns over. Return basket to air fryer and cook another 7 to 8 minutes. Once desired doneness is achieved, transfer hashbrowns to large bowl or serving plates.
- While hashbrowns cook, make chipotle ketchup by whisking together ketchup and adobo sauce until thoroughly combined. Serve with warm hashbrowns.
- Make it Whole30: Make sure your hashbrowns and ketchup are Whole30-compliant.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.