This Whole30 chicken salad is packed full of flavor, with grapes, celery, slivered almonds, and creamy Whole30-compliant mayo. Awesome for meal prep or entertaining, this recipe is sweet, savory, and crunchy. Plus really quick and easy to make!
Why This Recipe Is So Good!
- This salad is full of flavor and texture, which is because of the grapes and crunchy slivered almonds.
- It’s so easy to make – it takes about 5 minutes to make a big batch!
- It’s made with creamy Whole30-compliant mayo.
- It can be made ahead of time and it’s great for meal prep.
How to Make It
It really couldn’t be any easier to make this recipe! Simply add everything to a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover the bowl, and then keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve it!
This recipe is delicious and flavorful as is, but it’s also really easy to add in other compliant ingredients to mix things up!
- Add 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs like tarragon, parsley or cilantro.
- Stir in 2 cups of diced green apple for a flavorful crunch.
- Try adding in chopped walnuts.
- Add a little chipotle to the whole30 mayonnaise for a smoky, spicy variation.
- Stir in 3-4 chopped hard-boiled eggs for a Southern chicken salad.
What’s the Best Chicken to Use?
You can buy prepackaged cooked chicken or cook some chicken breasts or thighs in the oven, Instant Pot or slow cooker. Do not use rotisserie chicken if you are following Whole30. Neither whole or packaged shredded rotisserie chicken is Whole30-compliant. Like, not at all, so don’t go there!
Once you have made the salad, either cover the bowl with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. If stored correctly, the salad will stay fresh for 3 to 4 days which means it is ideal for meal prep and great for future sides.
If the salad is left at room temperature for more than 6 hours, then discard it! The chicken salad can grow harmful bacteria after this time.
- You can use chicken breast or thigh for this salad, but avoid rotisserie chicken if you are on Whole30.
- Ensure that your mayonnaise is Whole30 compliant. This homemade recipe is deliciously creamy and easy.
- Keep the salad covered in the fridge for the longest shelf life.
More Whole30 Recipes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- ⅔ cup Whole30-compliant mayonnaise store-bought or make your own; plus more to achieve desired consistency
- ¼ cup Whole30-compliant chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt lots, to taste
- 4 cups chicken breast meat cooked, chopped or shredded
- ½ cup slivered almonds blanched
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup grapes halved
- Large bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Stir together all ingredients in large bowl until thoroughly combined, adding more mayo as necessary to achieve desired consistency. Serve immediately, or cover and place in refrigerator until chilled (recommended).
- I highly recommend chilling the chicken salad before serving, to give the flavors more time to develop and deepen.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.