This Whole30 chicken salad is packed full of flavor, with grapes, celery, slivered almonds, and creamy Whole30-compliant mayo. Awesome for meal prep or entertaining, this recipe is sweet, savory, and crunchy. Plus really quick and easy to make!
Why This Whole30 Chicken Salad is So Good!
- This salad is full of flavor and texture, which is because of the grapes and crunchy slivered almonds.
- It’s so easy to make – it takes about 5 minutes to make a big batch!
- It’s made with creamy Whole30-compliant mayo.
- It can be made ahead of time and it’s great for meal prep.
How to Make Whole30 Chicken Salad
It really couldn’t be any easier to make this recipe! Simply add everything to a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover the bowl, and then keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve it!
Chicken Salad Additions
This recipe is delicious and flavorful as is, but it’s also really easy to add in other compliant ingredients to mix things up!
- Add 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs like tarragon, parsley or cilantro.
- Stir in 2 cups of diced green apple for a flavorful crunch.
- Try adding in chopped walnuts.
- Add a little chipotle to the whole30 mayonnaise for a smoky, spicy variation.
- Stir in 3-4 chopped hard-boiled eggs for a Southern chicken salad.
What’s the Best Chicken to Use?
You can buy prepackaged cooked chicken or cook some chicken breasts or thighs in the oven, Instant Pot or slow cooker. Do not use rotisserie chicken if you are following Whole30. Neither whole or packaged shredded rotisserie chicken is Whole30-compliant. Like, not at all, so don’t go there!
How Long Does Chicken Salad Keep?
Once you have made the salad, either cover the bowl with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. If stored correctly, the salad will stay fresh for 3 to 4 days which means it is ideal for meal prep and great for future sides.
If the salad is left at room temperature for more than 6 hours, then discard it! The chicken salad can grow harmful bacteria after this time.
Top Tips To Make Whole30 Chicken Salad
- You can use chicken breast or thigh for this salad, but avoid rotisserie chicken if you are on Whole30.
- Ensure that your mayonnaise is Whole30 compliant. This homemade recipe is deliciously creamy and easy.
- Keep the salad covered in the fridge for the longest shelf life.
For More Whole30 Recipes:
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Whole30 Chicken Salad
This Whole30 chicken salad is packed full of flavor, with grapes, celery, slivered almonds, and creamy Whole30-compliant mayo.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise plus more to achieve desired consistency
- 1/4 cup compliant chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- lots of sea salt
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken meat
- ½ cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup black grapes halved
Place all ingredients into a large bowl, and stir well until combined.
You can add more mayo to make it creamier if you like.
Serve or keep covered in the fridge.