Strawberry cheesecake is good.
Strawberry cheesecake milkshakes are damn good, especially when they’re vegan! I mean, look at that baby, topped with whipped coconut cream, finished off with a few crunchy graham cracker crumbs. What more could a girl ask for in life?
Besides that French futbol player to make and deliver them to me whilst I relax by the water of our beachfront home.. Oh, what? Honey? Are you there?
That’s what you get for not reading every single word of my blog on the reg. And making me watch too much soccer.
Back to the uh, subject at hand, I was a little startled by how these turned out. I developed the recipe for dairy-free brand, Tofutti, and I knew they’d be good, of course (how can you go wrong with vegan ice cream and cream cheese, strawberries, and vanilla?!) but one sip and I was like, “What the what?” They might even be better than a full-on slice of cheesecake, covered in a fresh strawberry sauce! Especially considering the former takes, oh, a couple minutes to prepare, whilst the latter takes… many, many.. many minutes to prepare.
And then cool. Which means waiting to eat. Which means finding something else to sate your sweet tooth in the meantime. Which means convincing your hubby you need to go to Whole Foods for some Biscoff gelato. Which you then forget about and leave, half full, on the coffee table, which then melts. Which your puppy then jumps up on the coffee table while you’re sleeping to eat, which she licks clean and leaves on your rug.
After which she acts depressed all day and you realize she’s coming down from a sugar crash…
For instance. My life is one big “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” book.
But really, these milkshakes are rich and decadent, but the strawberry gives off a freshness and natural sweetness that’s to-die-for. The coconut whipped cream, I mean, really?! I thought I was relegated to funky, $7-a-can vegan stuff forever, but nay. It comes together super quickly, so long as you remember to refrigerate a can of coconut milk the night before. I pretty much keep a can there at all times, just in case. Just. In. Case.
Make these! Check out my post on Tofutti’s blog and make sure you pick up some vegan dairy goodies the next time you’re at the store!
- 1 ½ cups vegan Tofutti vanilla ice "cream"
- 3 ounces Toffu Better Than Cream Cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk or other alt-milk
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 1 tbsp crushed vegan graham crackers , for serving
- 1 can can full-fat coconut milk (MUST be full-fat)
- 1 pinch pinch sugar or other sweetener
- 1 tsp dash vanilla extract
- Prepare for whipped coconut cream: place can of coconut milk in the fridge and leave overnight. Do not skip!
- Chill a medium-size bowl. Remove the refrigerated can of coconut milk and flip it upside then open. Pour the coconut water/liquid into another bowl and scoop out the coconut cream into the chilled medium-size bowl. Whip the coconut cream using an electric mixer or handheld beaters. Add a pinch of sugar or other sweetener and a dash of vanilla extract and stir 'til combined.
- Make the milkshake: Blend all ingredients but vegan graham cracker crumbs until smooth.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.