This seafood salad is light, refreshing, and seasoned to perfection! It’s a great salad to enjoy during lent or simply as an easy weekday meal. Fresh dill and a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning deliciously compliment a flaky fish base. This seafood salad contains the right balance of both flavors and textures!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s incredibly versatile! Serve it as a sandwich, over a bed of lettuce, or on its own for a simple, yet delicious meal.
- A sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning and a touch of fresh dill offer tons of flavor, though still allow the seafood to shine. This recipe ensure that the star of our show, seafood, remains the star. You will still be able to taste and enjoy that amazing seafood flavor!
- The texture of this seafood salad is spot-on! Delicate imitation crab meat, tender shrimp, and crunchy celery all work to balance each other out. The result is both creamy and crunchy is every bite.
Imitation Crab Meat – The base of every seafood salad is imitation crab meat. It’s made from a blend of mild white fish, starch, and seasoning to form a product that is very similar to real crab meat. You could swap this out for real crab meat if you’d like, though it’s a lot easier to use the more traditional imitation crab meat.
Shrimp – The smaller the shrimp, the better. We’re looking for bite-sized pieces of shrimp, so if you’re shrimp is too large simply chop them up before adding to your salad.
Fresh Dill – Fresh dill is best in this recipe, though you can use dried dill if you’d like. If using dried dill, start with just 1/2 teaspoon and work your way up from there. Dried herbs yield a much stronger flavor than fresh, so keep that in mind!
- Keep an eye on your shrimp as they cook! They only take just a couple of minutes to fully cook. Fully cooked shrimp will be completely opaque and pink in color.
- Adjust the seasoning of your seafood salad after it’s chilled. Leaving it to sit in the fridge for an hour allows the flavors to develop, so it will taste very different from the time you put it in to when you take it out! Do this to avoid over-seasoning, as seafood is very delicate.
- Use whatever seafood you’d like in this salad! As long as the total weight of seafood comes to one pound, you are free to experiment. Some other great options would be cooked scallops or chopped lobster meat.
More Delicious Seafood Recipes
- Baked Shrimp
- The Original Whole30 Fish Taco Bowl with Mango Salsa and Chipotle Aioli (Paleo, Low Carb)
- Creamy Fish Chowder
- The Best Lobster Bisque
- Creamy Shrimp Risotto with Parmesan
- Italian Fish Stew
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Air Fryer Salmon
- ½ pound shrimp deveined and shells removed, see Notes
- ½ pound imitation crab meat chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup mayonnaise see Notes
- ½ cup celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Small pot
- Large bowl
- Boil shrimp in a pot of water for 1-2 minutes or until opaque. Drain shrimp and pat dry.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss together. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
- Shrimp: Make sure the tails are also removed from the shrimp before tossing in your salad. I prefer to purchase shrimp that has already been deveined, peeled, and tails removed for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: You can use low-fat mayonnaise in this recipe if you’d like.
- Make it Keto: Use full-fat mayonnaise and real crab instead of imitation crab in this recipe.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.