I hate this recipe.
I hate that I love Cookie Butter so much. I hate that I sneak spoonfuls on the reg, and I am really not that type of person (O on the other hand…). I hate that I don’t feel this way about sorbets or carrots or chocolate smoothies.
No, I hate this recipe because I can never make it 100% healthy, of course; I hate it because I love it so much. Like, so much, you guys. So. Much.
It’s rich and spiced and soft and creamy and perfect. It’s full of tiny chunks of Speculoos cookies and the scent of bergamot wafts off of the creamy coconut base. There’s even a Cookie Butter swirl! Why?
You’ll love this recipe because it can be made entirely in a blender. You’ll love this recipe because it tastes like Cookie Butter. You’ll love this recipe because the flavors are so complete and warming yet cooling all in one. The perfect almost-fall-weather treat, so make ‘er today!
Cookie Butter Earl Grey Ice Cream (Vegan)
Rich, spiced Cookie Butter mingles with Earl Grey-infused coconut milk to create one seriously delicious vegan ice cream. Soft and flavorful, it doesn't get any better than this.
- 1 14- ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 bags Earl Grey tea , optional
- 1/2 cup cashews , soaked
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 6 pieces Speculoos or Biscoff cookies
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 pieces Speculoos or Biscoff cookies , crumbled
- 1/4 cup Cookie Butter
- If infusing with Earl Grey: in a small saucepan over low heat, place coconut milk and whisk 'til smooth. Add Earl Grey tea bags and cook about 10 minutes, or until infused and fragrant. Remove tea bags and cool completely.
- In a blender, preferably high-speed, combine coconut milk infusion, cashews, Grand Marnier, 6 Speculoos or Biscoff cookies, agave nectar, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Blend until totally smooth and freeze according to ice cream maker directions.
- When mixture resembles soft serve, gently mix in the Speculoos or Biscoff crumbs and Cookie Butter. Keep in an air-tight container in the freezer. Tastes awesome in a waffle cone!
You can skip the Earl Grey infusion if you want, but I liked the fragrant bergamot aroma it added to the whole thing.