Taco seasoning is so easy and cheap to make at home! Plus, you can control what goes in your blend, making it perfect to your taste and healthier than what you get in a packet. Naturally Whole30, paleo, and vegan.
Why This Whole30 Taco Seasoning Recipe Is So Good!
- This homemade seasoning is so quick and easy to make and is a great way of adding flavor to your Mexican dishes.
- This taco seasoning is whole30, vegan and paleo with no added sugar.
- It’s much healthier and cheaper than buying store bought packaged seasoning.
- It has a long shelf life, so it’s great to make up a big batch so that it’s there whenever you want to add flavor.
How to Make this Whole30 Taco Seasoning
This taco seasoning really couldn’t be easier to make! Simply mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container until it is ready to use.
How to Use this Homemade Mexican Spice Mix
The taco seasoning can be rubbed directly onto meat before cooking, or added in as you are cooking in on the stove top. It’s perfect for beef, fish or chicken tacos, and can also be used for other Mexican dishes like enchiladas and burritos. It’s a great way to add flavor to soups and stews too.
A Healthier Taco Seasoning Recipe
Unlike some store bought seasonings, my homemade version is suitable if you are following Whole30 or if you are vegan, paleo, low carb or dairy-free. Pre-packaged spice mixes can contain dextrose, silicon dioxide, oil and ethoxyquin and other additives that you can’t pronounce!
My homemade version only contains natural ingredients with no added sugar.
Why make your own spice mix?
Making your own taco seasoning is not only super easy and healthier, but it will also save you money! This basic recipe can easily be adjusted to your preferences, too. Add a bit more chili if you prefer things on the hot side, or more oregano if you prefer a herbier taco seasoning.
Top Tips To Make This Whole30 Taco Seasoning
- We like using 2 tablespoons per 1 pound of ground beef for really flavorful meat, but you can use less if you’re adverse to spices, or even more if you love a little kick in your meal.
- Check that your spices aren’t stale before using them. Rub a little between your fingers and if it doesn’t produce an aroma, buy more spice!
- Store the spice in an airtight container, and the mix will be useable for up to 4 months.
- This recipe is easily doubled, so if you are a fan of Mexican food amke a big batch so it’s always on hand.
For More Tasty Whole30 Mexican Recipes:
- Whole30 Enchiladas
- Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Whole30 Chili with Butternut Squash
- Whole30 Sheet Pan Fajitas
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Whole30 Taco Seasoning
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- Use 2 tablespoons per 1 lb of ground beef, more or less as desired.