These chicken burgers with chipotle aioli are juicy, flavorful, and absolutely mouth-watering! Ground chicken and a few simple spices are formed into patties and pan-fried. Then they’re topped with cheddar cheese, smashed avocado, and smothered in a smoky chipotle aioli. These chicken burgers are incredibly family and warm weather-friendly!
What Makes These Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Aioli So Good
- The burgers, themselves, require just five ingredients and less than 15 minutes to make! Simply add all burger ingredients to a bowl, mix, form into patties, then fry for a few minutes per side. While your chicken burgers cook, you can make the chipotle aioli which will save you even more time!
- They are exploding with flavor! You’ll be blown away by the variety and intensity of flavors after just one bite of these chicken burgers with chipotle aioli. Savory burgers, a smoky aioli, and creamy avocado come together in the most delicious way possible.
- They’re very family-friendly! The next time you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal your kids will love, look no further than these chicken burgers with chipotle aioli. The best part is, you can customize each burger to each person’s preferences.
Key Ingredients for Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Aioli
Ground Chicken – This lean, protein-packed alternative to ground beef makes for a delicious burger. Ground chicken is both lighter and leaner than ground beef. And if you can’t find ground chicken, you can use ground turkey in this recipe instead.
Green Onion – Though we only use a small amount in these chicken burgers with chipotle aioli, the green onions pack in a ton of flavor! The key to using green onions in your chicken burger patties is to chop them as small as possible. In doing these, the green onions will be more evenly dispersed through each burger.
Chipotle Chili Powder – Chipotle chili powder is an easier, more convenient alternative to using canned chipotles in this aioli recipe. Though if you can’t find chipotle chili powder, or would like a more mild option, you can use smoked paprika instead.
- Lightly grease your hands with a little bit of olive oil before forming the chicken burger patties. Ground chicken is sort of sticky and can be quite challenging to handle. Therefore, by greasing your hands, the patties will be much easier to form!
- When the chicken burgers have about one minute of cooking left, place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty. Doing this will allow the cheese to get all nice and melty before assembling your burgers.
- This comes down to personal preference, but I highly recommend toasting your burger buns before using them in this recipe! A toasted bun adds incredible texture and a very satisfying crunch to these chicken burgers with chipotle aioli.
Other Delicious Burger Recipes
- Epic Black Bean Burgers
- Healthier In N Out Burgers
- Loaded Burger Bowls with “Special Sauce”
- Big Mac Salad
- Easy Salmon Patties and Lemon Garlic Sauce
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Aioli
- Medium bowl
- Large skillet
For the burger patties:
For the chipotle aioli:
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 avocados mashed
- 4 hamburger buns
- Add all burger patty ingredients, except olive oil, to a bowl and mix to combine, then divide into four patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook each patty for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Make chipotle aioli by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mixing together.
- Stack chicken burger patty, cheddar cheese, sliced red onion, tomato, lettuce, and mashed avocado onto each bottom bun. Spread chipotle aioli onto each top bun and stack on top of each burger.
- Chipotle Chili Powder: For a less-spicy alternative, use smoked paprika instead.
- Mayonnaise: Any kind of mayonnaise will work in this recipe!
- Make it Gluten-Free: Either wrap these burgers in lettuce or serve on top of a salad for a gluten-free dish.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!