This fluffy and tender Instant Pot quinoa comes together in just one minute! This super simple recipe yields the easiest, perfectly cooked quinoa every time.
What Makes This Instant Pot Quinoa So Good
- It actually is the easiest way to cook quinoa! Over are the days where you had to continuously check on your quinoa to see if it was done cooking or not. Simply set the Instant Pot to 1 minute and return to perfectly cooked quinoa.
- It’s a blank canvas, leaving you to flavor this quinoa however you’d like! The possibilities for this Instant Pot quinoa are endless. Add whatever seasonings your heart desires!
- Quinoa is rich in both protein and fiber. Also, compared to most other grains, it packs in some of the most nutritional benefits. Quinoa is an easy, delicious, and healthy grain to incorporate into your diet!
Key Ingredients for Instant Pot Quinoa
Quinoa – There is a surprisingly wide variety of quinoas out there. The most popular being white quinoa, however you’ve probably also stumbled across black quinoa and red quinoa as well. The great thing about quinoa? All varieties cook the exact same! Therefore, use whichever kind you’d like in this recipe.
Water – Water plays a pretty big role in this recipe. First, you’ll rinse your quinoa under cold water for about a minute or until the water runs clear. Rinsing the quinoa before cooking will remove the quinoa’s natural and bitter coating. Therefore, simply rinse this grain for the freshest and best tasting quinoa! Then, water is also added to the Instant Pot to cook with the quinoa. However, if you’d like a more flavorful quinoa, you can use vegetable broth instead. Either way – the quinoa will soak up this liquid making it fluffy and perfectly tender!
- Don’t forget to rinse your quinoa! I know we’re all always looking for shortcuts in recipes. However, not rinsing your quinoa is not a shortcut you want to take – trust me. In rinsing the quinoa, we remove the outer coating which can leave a bitter taste if left on.
- One minute may seem like a very short amount of time, but it really is all you need to cook this quinoa! By the time the Instant Pot comes up to temperature, then cooks for one minute, the quinoa is perfectly tender. One minute is all the time you need for quick and delicious quinoa!
- Get creative and make this recipe your own! I love adding a few pinches of garlic powder or even a tablespoon of butter to my Instant Pot quinoa. The seasonings in this recipe are light, leaving you plenty of room to customize this side dish however you’d like!
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Eggs
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Japanese Curry in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Jasmine Rice (Under 10 Minutes)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup quinoa see Notes
- 1 ½ cups water see Notes
- salt to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear. Add rinsed quinoa, 1 ½ cups water, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Secure lid and set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 1 minute. Once done, allow pressure to naturally release before removing lid and fluffing quinoa with a fork.
- Quinoa: Red, black, or white quinoa will all work great in this recipe.
- Water: For more flavor, use vegetable broth instead.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!