This fluffy and tender Instant Pot quinoa comes together in just one minute! This super simple recipe yields the easiest, perfectly cooked quinoa every time.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It actually is the easiest way to cook quinoa! Over are the days where you had to continuously check on your quinoa to see if it was done cooking or not. Simply set the Instant Pot to 1 minute and return to perfectly cooked quinoa.
- It’s a blank canvas, leaving you to flavor this quinoa however you’d like! The possibilities for this Instant Pot quinoa are endless. Add whatever seasonings your heart desires!
- Quinoa is rich in both protein and fiber. Also, compared to most other grains, it packs in some of the most nutritional benefits. Quinoa is an easy, delicious, and healthy grain to incorporate into your diet!
Quinoa – There is a surprisingly wide variety of quinoas out there. The most popular being white quinoa, however you’ve probably also stumbled across black quinoa and red quinoa as well. The great thing about quinoa? All varieties cook the exact same! Therefore, use whichever kind you’d like in this recipe.
Water – Water plays a pretty big role in this recipe. First, you’ll rinse your quinoa under cold water for about a minute or until the water runs clear. Rinsing the quinoa before cooking will remove the quinoa’s natural and bitter coating. Therefore, simply rinse this grain for the freshest and best tasting quinoa! Then, water is also added to the Instant Pot to cook with the quinoa. However, if you’d like a more flavorful quinoa, you can use vegetable broth instead. Either way – the quinoa will soak up this liquid making it fluffy and perfectly tender!
- Don’t forget to rinse your quinoa! I know we’re all always looking for shortcuts in recipes. However, not rinsing your quinoa is not a shortcut you want to take – trust me. In rinsing the quinoa, we remove the outer coating which can leave a bitter taste if left on.
- One minute may seem like a very short amount of time, but it really is all you need to cook this quinoa! By the time the Instant Pot comes up to temperature, then cooks for one minute, the quinoa is perfectly tender. One minute is all the time you need for quick and delicious quinoa!
- Get creative and make this recipe your own! I love adding a few pinches of garlic powder or even a tablespoon of butter to my Instant Pot quinoa. The seasonings in this recipe are light, leaving you plenty of room to customize this side dish however you’d like!
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Eggs
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Japanese Curry in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs
- Quick and Easy Instant Pot Jasmine Rice (Under 10 Minutes)
- 1 cup quinoa see Notes
- 1 ½ cups water see Notes
- salt to taste
- Instant Pot
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear. Add rinsed quinoa, 1 ½ cups water, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Secure lid and set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 1 minute. Once done, allow pressure to naturally release before removing lid and fluffing quinoa with a fork.
- Quinoa: Red, black, or white quinoa will all work great in this recipe.
- Water: For more flavor, use vegetable broth instead.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.