This iced matcha latte is the perfect coffeehouse-style treat! All you need are 3 ingredients and a few minutes in a blender. This sweet and creamy chilled drink is super easy to make vegan and dairy-free, too!
What Makes This Iced Matcha Latte Recipe So Good
- This homemade iced matcha latte is just as good as your favorite coffee shop version. It’s creamy, sweet, and has a strong matcha flavor.
- It has a natural boost of caffeine, perfect for those much needed pick-me-ups! Matcha contains less caffeine than coffee, though, so if you’re sensitive (or just drinking a glass late in the day) then this might be a good alternative for you.
- Matcha is high in antioxidants and it touts other health benefits, too, making it a great, healthier option to traditional lattes.
- It’s a fantastic make–ahead recipe! You can easily double or triple the recipe. Store the pre-made iced matcha latte in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator up to 6 days.
What Is Matcha?
Made from the ground leaves of green tea, this traditional Japanese powder is used in a variety of recipes for its bright color, health benefits, and rich flavor.
Matcha is filled with antioxidants, which help reduce the damage caused by free radicals (harmful compounds that can cause disease, and cell death). It’s also been shown to boost the metabolism and help with weight loss, benefit the liver and heart, and improve brain function.
- The key to a really good iced matcha latte is using a quality matcha powder. Avoid powders that look olive green or even brown, and choose a light green powder instead. Quality matcha may cost slightly more, but I promise it’s worth it!
- Matcha has a very strong flavor on its own, so you will definitely want to use a sweetener. I recommend maple syrup, but if you don’t have any (or it doesn’t fit your way of eating), then just use your preferred sweetener, to taste.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can also whisk together all your ingredients in a glass or bowl. Make sure to whisk all of the clumps out!
- I prefer dairy milk for this recipe, but if you need a vegan or dairy free iced matcha latte, you can absolutely use non-dairy milks instead. Almond milk and coconut milk would both pair well with the flavor of the matcha.
More Delicious Drinks You’ll Love
- Easy Golden Milk
- Whipped Coffee Recipe (Dalgona Coffee)
- Iced Golden Milk Latte (Paleo, Vegan)
- Matcha Latte
- Iced Dirty Chai (Vegan, Paleo, Sugar Free)
- Keto Chocolate Milk
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Iced Matcha Latte
- Blender (or whisk, see Notes)
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth. Serve over ice.
- Dairy milk works best for this recipe, but you can absolutely use any type of milk you prefer!
- No blender? No problem. Just add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk vigorously until everything is well combined.
- Make it Dairy-Free/Keto: Use non-dairy milk.
- Sweetener: If no maple syrup is available, use your choice sweetener to taste.