Creamy, cheesy, addictive, and loaded with flavor, this bean dip is easy to make and a favorite at parties! Perfect for game day, Super Bowl Sunday, or any time you need an easy appetizer that everyone will love.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Cream cheese – Gives the dip a nice, creamy base
Sour cream – A little sour cream gives the dip a nice tangy flavor
Refried beans – One of my favorite pantry staples, refried beans are creamy, earthy, and salty, making this dip taste like your favorite restaurant’s.
Taco seasoning – Full of Mexican flavor, taco seasoning add a boost of spice
Hot sauce – Use your favorite hot sauce for a splash of heat
Green onions – Mild and fresh, these add a nice crunch to your dip
Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese – A combination of salty cheddar and creamy, buttery Monterey Jack makes this dip ultra cheesy
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Add all the ingredients (use only half of the shredded cheese) to a bowl and mix together.
Pour the bean dip into the baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake for 20 minutes.
- This recipe uses a package of taco seasoning for convenience, but you can absolutely make your own!
- You can absolutely swap out the shredded cheese for other varieties. I like the combination of sharp cheddar with milder Monterey Jack, but you can also try a Mexican blend, Colby Jack, or whatever you have around the house.
- I topped my bean dip with sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes and onions, and cilantro, but you can top it any way you like. Try sliced black olives, sliced chili peppers, or even a dollop of sour cream.
More Game Day Recipes
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Crockpot Queso Dip
- Bacon Guacamole
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Guacamole Dip (Restaurant Style)
- Addictive Hot Crab Dip
- Crockpot Chicken Wings
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 16-ounce cans refried beans
- 1 1-ounce packet taco seasoning mix or make your own
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, using only 1/2 of cheddar and 1/2 of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour bean dip in baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Taco seasoning: Can use any package or make your own.
- Shredded cheese: Can use any shredded cheese you like, including Mexican blend or Colby Jack.
- Topping options: Sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, black olives, sliced chili peppers, dollop of sour cream, etc.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.