Creamy, cheesy, addictive, and loaded with flavor, this bean dip is easy to make and a favorite at parties! Perfect for game day, Super Bowl Sunday, or any time you need an easy appetizer that everyone will love.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Cream cheese – Gives the dip a nice, creamy base
Sour cream – A little sour cream gives the dip a nice tangy flavor
Refried beans – One of my favorite pantry staples, refried beans are creamy, earthy, and salty, making this dip taste like your favorite restaurant’s.
Taco seasoning – Full of Mexican flavor, taco seasoning add a boost of spice
Hot sauce – Use your favorite hot sauce for a splash of heat
Green onions – Mild and fresh, these add a nice crunch to your dip
Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese – A combination of salty cheddar and creamy, buttery Monterey Jack makes this dip ultra cheesy
How To Make Bean Dip
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Add all the ingredients (use only half of the shredded cheese) to a bowl and mix together.
Pour the bean dip into the baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Top Tips For Making
- This recipe uses a package of taco seasoning for convenience, but you can absolutely make your own!
- You can absolutely swap out the shredded cheese for other varieties. I like the combination of sharp cheddar with milder Monterey Jack, but you can also try a Mexican blend, Colby Jack, or whatever you have around the house.
- I topped my bean dip with sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes and onions, and cilantro, but you can top it any way you like. Try sliced black olives, sliced chili peppers, or even a dollop of sour cream.
More Game Day Recipes
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Crockpot Queso Dip
- Bacon Guacamole
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
This rich, cheesy dip is absolutely addictive and a total hit at parties or on game day.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16-ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded, divided
Preheat oven to 350º F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, using only 1/2 of cheddar and 1/2 of Monterey Jack cheese.
Pour bean dip in baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Taco seasoning: Can use any package or make your own.
- Shredded cheese: Can use any shredded cheese you like, including Mexican blend or Colby Jack.
- Topping options: Sliced jalapeños, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, black olives, sliced chili peppers, dollop of sour cream, etc.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
Obviously, you’ll want to pick your wine based on what else you’re serving, but you really can’t go wrong with these fun, perfect for parties picks:
– Sparkling white wine (in cans!), like NV 14K Bubbly White Wine from California
– Sparkling rosé (also in cans!), like Epic Pursuit Rosé Wine Spritzer
– Brut, like NV Cattin Sauvage Cremant d’Alsace Brut, from Alsace, France