This avocado salsa is just perfect and takes only 5 minutes to make! It’s creamy but full of flavor and perfect with chips, taquitos, tacos, on nachos, and so much more. With avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, a little white onion, and a bit of vinegar to keep things bright and green, you’ll fall in love with this green sauce. Naturally Whole30, paleo, vegan, and keto friendly.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
This smooth avocado salsa is just perfect.
- It’s made in only about 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
- So simple but full of flavor, so easy and perfect to go with almost anything Mexican inspired.
- The white vinegar is a surprising ingredient but don’t skip it! It really adds a very, very subtle but rounding bit of acidity and keeps the salsa green in the fridge for weeks.
- This avocado salsa is naturally Whole30, paleo, vegan, low carb, and keto friendly with 1g net carb per 2-tablespoon serving.
How long does this salsa last in the fridge?
You can actually keep this avocado salsa in the fridge for up to two weeks – sometimes even way longer in my experience! Even with all the avocado, it stays nice and flavorful and green. Sometimes, depending on the jar, it will eventually get a little browner, but a quick stir is all you need.
The vinegar is what really helps keep the avocado green in this salsa, so please, please do not skip it. And I swear you’ll like it better than using lime juice. Really!
Keto + Low Carb Salsa?
This avocado salsa has a whopping 0g net carbs per 2-tablespoon serving and 2g fat, making it WAY more keto-friendly than most tomato-based salsas. Try it on cheese tortilla tacos, burrito bowls, or whatever other low-carb Mexican dish you’re craving!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Best Vegan Queso (Paleo, Whole30)
- Smoky Guajillo Salsa
- Best Restaurant Style Salsa
- Roasted Salsa Verde with Tomatillos and Chiles
- Roasted Salsa
- Restaurant-Style White Queso
- 1 large ripe avocado halved, pit removed, peeled
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno stem removed, pepper quartered, seeds removed if desired
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar see Notes
- ¾ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- Jar with lid or other airtight container
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is completely smooth.
- Taste salsa after blending and adjust flavor, adding jalapeño, salt, cilantro, or onion as needed. If adding ingredients, blend mixture again until smooth.
- Once desired flavor is achieved, serve immediately or transfer salsa to airtight container and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- White Vinegar: The vinegar can be replaced with fresh lime juice, but white vinegar is better at preventing the avocado from browning. I prefer the brightness it provides over the lime juice, too.
- Storage: Refrigerate in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment