This avocado salsa is just perfect and takes only 5 minutes to make! It’s creamy but full of flavor and perfect with chips, taquitos, tacos, on nachos, and so much more. With avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, a little white onion, and a bit of vinegar to keep things bright and green, you’ll fall in love with this green sauce. Naturally Whole30, paleo, vegan, and keto friendly.
TL;DR: I had a long-distance boyfriend in college who moved to LA when his band got signed to a major record label.
When I visited, we’d always, always, always treat our whiskey-soaked hangovers to authentic burritos and a plate of salsas at a little taqueria-in-the-wall off Santa Monica and La Brea called Las Ranas. I dream of this place, you guys. Literally, dream!
The salsa that used to haunt me, however, was a smooth avocado salsa: not too spicy but with a little kick. Not too much cilantro; not too bland; not too creamy… just perfect. It was years before I found a recipe that did this salsa justice, and I have my incessant Googling to thank!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
This smooth avocado salsa is just perfect.
- It’s made in only about 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
- So simple but full of flavor, so easy and perfect to go with almost anything Mexican inspired.
- The white vinegar is a surprising ingredient but don’t skip it! It really adds a very, very subtle but rounding bit of acidity and keeps the salsa green in the fridge for weeks.
- This avocado salsa is naturally Whole30, paleo, vegan, low carb, and keto friendly with 1g net carb per 2-tablespoon serving.
How to Make It
This really couldn’t be simpler. Add all the ingredients to a blender…
And blend until completely smooth.
Keep in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Really!
How long does this salsa last in the fridge?
You can actually keep this avocado salsa in the fridge for up to two weeks – sometimes even way longer in my experience! Even with all the avocado, it stays nice and flavorful and green. Sometimes, depending on the jar, it will eventually get a little browner, but a quick stir is all you need.
The vinegar is what really helps keep the avocado green in this salsa, so please, please do not skip it. And I swear you’ll like it better than using lime juice. Really!
Keto + Low Carb Salsa
This avocado salsa has only 1g net carbs per 2-tablespoon serving and 1g fat, making it more keto friendly than most tomato-based salsas. Try it on cheese tortilla tacos, burrito bowls, or whatever other, low carb Mexican dish you’re craving!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Best Vegan Queso (Paleo, Whole30)
- Smoky Guajillo Salsa
- Best Restaurant Style Salsa
- Roasted Salsa Verde with Tomatillos and Chiles
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- 1 ripe avocado halved, pitted, and flesh scooped out
- 1 fresh jalapeno stemmed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- Blend all ingredients on high speed until very smooth. Add salt to taste, if desired. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge, at least a week.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.