This crab dip is truly addictive! It’s a super easy and ultra delicious, rich and creamy appetizer made with crab, green onions, cream cheese, mayo, and cheese. Served with crackers, chips, or bread for a tailgating, holiday, or entertaining dish. Low carb, keto, gluten free.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- It’s ultra tasty and totally addictive.
- This dip is so quick and easy to throw together. You can even make it ahead of time, then simply bake before serving.
- This crab dip is made with all unprocessed food, so it can be a healthier option to other appetizers.
- It’s naturally low carb and keto friendly.
How To Make Addictive Crab Dip
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt, and 1/2 of shredded cheese. Stir all the ingredients together until very well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a small 6-inch cast-iron skillet or 1 quart baking dish, then top with other 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven or until bubbly.
- To get that lovely brown top, turn on the broiler on and broil until the cheese on top is browned in spots.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving as the dip will be very hot.
Easy Crab Dip with Cream Cheese
I love how easy and fuss free it is to make this tasty crab dip. It’s a perfect choice for easy entertaining! I love cooking and serving mine in a small skillet so everyone can dig in! Super cheesy and rich, it’s a real treat for the tastebuds.
What’s In This Dip?
This recipe is made from simple ingredients, many of which you will already have, so it’s great to just throw together if you have last minute guests. Cream cheese and mayo make this dip incredibly creamy and the cheddar creates those amazing cheese strings. Onions, garlic powder and pepper add a depth of flavor for a well rounded tasty dip.
Make-Ahead Party Appetizer
You can prepare this dip ahead of time – simply mix all of the ingredients together, spread it in the skillet and then cover it and keep in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
What Do You Serve With This Dip?
Warm crab dip is best to serve with sturdy toasted bread, such as baguette slices, bread sticks, pita chips or homemade crostini. To make crostini, slice a baguette and sprinkle with salt and bake about for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Full notes for making your own crostini are in the recipe below!
Top Tips For Making This Recipe
- Use organic cream cheese and shredded cheese for a healthier crab dip.
- Use gluten free bread, crackers, or chips for a gluten free appetizer.
- Make sure to bake the dip in a pre-heated oven.
- Leftovers can keep covered in the fridge for a day or two and reheated in a microwave or oven.
More Tasty Appetizers
- Greek Appetizer Platter
- The Best Vegan Queso
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe
- Sriracha Devilled Eggs
- Creamy Herb Dip
And if you’re counting grams of net carbs, make sure you bookmark our Net Carb Calculator to easily calculate carbs for a keto or low carb diet.
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below! 👇 And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Addictive Crab Dip
This crab dip is truly addictive! It's a super easy and ultra delicious, rich and creamy appetizer made with crab, green onions, cream cheese, mayo, and cheese.
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened, 1 1/2 blocks
- 6 green onions finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 (6-ounce) cans crabmeat drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- sliced green onions for garnish
- crackers, chips, or crostini (See Notes) for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt, and 1/2 of shredded cheese. Stir until very well combined.
Spread into a small 6-inch cast-iron skillet or 1 quart baking dish. Top with other 1/2 cup cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven or until bubbly.
Turn broiler on and broil until cheese on top is browned in spots.
Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. The dip will be very hot.
Use organic cream cheese and shredded cheese for a healthier crab dip.
To make crostini, cut a baguette into 1/2″ slices. Preheat oven to 350º and arrange slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and bake about 15 minutes or until tops are just beginning to turn golden brown and slices feel very firm but not totally crisp yet. Let cool 10 minutes.
Use gluten free bread, crackers, or chips for gluten free.