This creamy taco dip is the most flavorful appetizer! It’s super easy to make and is totally addictive. Made with cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, lettuce, tomatoes, and olives. Served with tortilla chips, it’s the perfect appetizer for tailgating.
Why This Taco Dip Is So Good
- This dip is so quick and easy to prepare and packed full of flavor.
- The base can be made up to two days ahead of time for fuss free entertaining.
- It’s a low carb and vegetarian dip.
- The recipe can be easily doubled so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd.
What is taco dip?
Taco dip is a Mexican-inspired layered dip focused on a taco-spiced creamy layer at the bottom. It’s different from a seven layer dip in this way: seven layer dip usually begins with beans and includes avocado. Taco dip uses a creamy layer as the base and truly tastes like an American-style taco!
Bottom line: it’s crazy good.
How to Make a Taco Dip
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. You can use a hand or stand mixer to make the mixture smoother.
- Spread this mixture into a 9-inch pie plate or round serving dish. Top the sour cream-cream cheese mixture with shredded lettuce, then sprinkle over cheddar cheese, then tomatoes, then black olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
An easy Mexican dip that’s packed full of flavor
I love how easy it is to make this flavourful taco dip and in no time at all! It is made from simple ingredients that pack a flavor punch:
- taco seasoning
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- cream cheese
- black olives
- iceberg lettuce
You can also add other fresh toppings to this dish like jalapeños and cilantro. I love how fun and bright the finished taco dip is!
How long does taco dip last in the fridge?
You can make this dip ahead of time for easy entertaining. Make the first layer (sour cream-cream cheese mixture) and spread in a serving
What do you serve with taco dip?
This appetizer was made for sharing and it’s perfect for tailgating and game days. I like to keep things simple and serve the dip with tortilla chips, but you could also serve it with crudite, breadsticks and crackers if you wish.
Top Tips for Making Taco Dip
- You can combine the cream cheese and sour cream by hand or in a stand mixer on a low speed.
- You can use a low fat cream cheese and sour cream to reduce the calories and fat content if you wish.
- Top with fresh cilantro and jalapeños for more flavor.
Be sure to check out these other appetizers that are perfect for feeding a crowd!
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this crockpot chicken fajita recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
An easy and delicious creamy taco dip that's the perfect appetizer for tailgating.
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 1.25- ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce about 1/4 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes about 2-3 vine tomatoes
- 1 2.25- ounce can sliced black olives drained
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. You can use a hand or stand mixer to make the mixture smoother.
Spread this mixture into a 9-inch pie plate or round serving dish. Top the sour cream-cream cheese mixture with shredded lettuce, then sprinkle over cheddar cheese, then tomatoes, then black olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
To make this ahead, make the first layer (sour cream-cream cheese mixture) and spread in serving dish. Refrigerate up to 2 days until ready to serve. Assemble right before serving.