This carrot raisin salad is lightly and naturally sweetened, creamy, and full of tender carrots and plump raisins. The perfect make-ahead side dish for easy lunches, picnics, or dinners, you’ll love this recipe all of spring and summer! Naturally vegan, paleo, and Whole30 compliant, with no added sugar.
Did you know Chick-Fil-A doesn’t sell their carrot and raisin salad anymore?
I found out the hard way… I rolled through the drive-thru when I was early pregnant and nuggets and a frosted lemonade were the only foods I could fathom eating at the moment. Fries sounded gross, so I asked for as big of a carrot and raisin salad they could give me. Except…
They don’t make it anymore!
That carrot and raisin salad was a favorite of mine as a kid, veggies I’d willingly eat, a side dish I didn’t mind instead of waffle fries. And, as far as I was concerned, a Chick-Fil-A staple. What gives?
Eh, it doesn’t matter so much, though. Because this carrot raisin salad comes together in just minutes and is light and filling and creamy and naturally sweetened and the raisins are plump and oh it’s so easy to keep in the fridge and dish out for a last-minute side dish.
Why This Whole30 Carrot and Raisin Salad Is So Good
- It’s just seriously really good. Creamy and lightly sweetened with plump raisins, it’s a great side dish during the spring and summer months.
- This carrot and raisin salad is super, super easy to make, especially if you have a food processor with a shredding blade.
- It’s naturally sweetened, so it’s quite healthy! It’s also vegan, paleo, and Whole30 compliant, so long as you use the appropriate ingredients (vegan mayo for vegan, Whole30-compliant raisins for Whole30, etc.).
- This summer side dish keeps well in the fridge, so it’s perfect for picnics and potlucks. Make it ahead and enjoy your time!
I used my food processor to shred my carrots, which means this Whole30 carrot raisin salad came together in seriously just a few minutes. You could shred them by hand, as well, but I absolutely recommend investing in a food processor, especially if you’re committed to cooking healthy food at home. You’ll use it almost daily, I promise!
How to Make Carrot and Raisin Salad
So easy! Ready?
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine well. Chill for one hour. That’s it!
How to Shred Carrots Easily
I love, love, love my food processor for big shredding tasks, and this might be the ultimate example.
With a food processor (and shredding disc), the process takes only a few minutes, and there’s not much cleanup as a result. I highly recommend it, just like I like using a hand or stand mixer to shred chicken for my shredded chicken salad.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Tarragon Chicken Salad with Almonds
- Herb Roasted Potato Salad
- Healthier Chick-Fil-A style Chicken Nuggets (Whole30, Grain Free, Paleo)
- Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this crockpot chicken fajita recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Carrot and Raisin Salad
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowl
- Shred carrots in food processor.
- Add all ingredients to large mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Chill salad in refrigerator for one hour, then serve.
- Make it Whole30: Use compliant raisins and mayonnaise.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan mayonnaise.
- I recommend using a food processor, fitted with the shredded blade, to shred the carrots. Major time saver!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.