This loaded cauliflower salad is a delicious low-carb side dish! Crispy bacon, tangy sour cream, and sharp cheddar cheese make this recipe super flavorful and satisfying. Serve this loaded cauliflower salad alongside a protein of your choice for an easy keto meal.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s naturally keto! I didn’t totally intend on making a keto recipe, but after developing this loaded cauliflower salad, I was pleasantly surprised by how keto-friendly it turned out to be. Sour cream and cheddar cheese are tossed with low-carb cauliflower for the perfect keto side dish.
- It’s perfect for a summer barbecue or potluck! Chances are, most people have had loaded potato salad, but not loaded cauliflower salad. Impress your friends and family with how truly delicious cauliflower can be with this recipe!
- It’s super simple to make. Simply cook the bacon, then the cauliflower, and toss all ingredients together in a big bowl – that’s it!
Cauliflower – This versatile vegetable is the star of this dish. You can pretty much find giant heads of cauliflower at your grocery store year-round. To prepare an entire head of cauliflower for this recipe, you’ll first want to remove any green leaves before chopping it into florets. Give your cauliflower florets a quick rinse and then use them in this loaded cauliflower salad!
Bacon – Either thin or thick-cut bacon will work in this recipe. I prefer thin for how crispy it gets when cooked. When the bacon is done cooking, you can chop it however small or large you’d like. Coming across little savory, crunchy bits of bacon in this loaded cauliflower salad is what make it so good.
Cheddar Cheese – Either mild or sharp cheddar cheese will work, so use whichever you prefer! I’d recommend letting your cauliflower cool for just a few minutes before adding in the shredded cheese, otherwise your cheese might melt.
- Be careful not to overcook your cauliflower for this recipe! Check on the cauliflower after 5 minutes of steaming by poking it with a fork. If the fork easily pierces the cauliflower, then it’s done cooking and you can remove it from the heat.
- Season this loaded cauliflower salad to your preference. Feel free to start light on the salt and pepper, give things a taste, and then work up from there!
- You can serve this dish warm or cold. I love leaving it to chill in the fridge for an hour or two before enjoying on a hot summer day!
More Low-Carb Side Dishes You’ll Love
- Large pot
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- Bring ½-inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Add in cauliflower, cover with lid and steam for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Add bacon to a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, let cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chives, and cheese to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Bacon: Either thin or thick-cut bacon will work in this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: Feel free to use low-fat mayonnaise in this recipe, if you’d like!
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.