This edible healthy cake batter dip is so festive and delicious, plus it’s easy to throw together for a quick and healthy dessert after dinner. Paleo and vegan, it’s everything you love about funfetti cake batter but better!
So we’ve agreed that edible cookie dough > actual cookies, right? Sitting on the couch with a bowl of the stuff in hand, binging the most recent Netflix series, subconsciously sighing every out of sheer relief that the toddler bedtime routine.
Er, wait, just me? I mean…
Really, though, who doesn’t love licking the spoon after whipping up a bowl of birthday cake batter? It’s the same with cookie dough, right? We do it even though we were always told not to, because it’s just so damn good. And then there’s that whole refined sugar, refined flour, and who-knows-what-else in boxed cake mix. And homemade cake mix is a whole task in and of itself. Solution:
Edible healthy cake batter dip.
Why this edible healthy cake batter dip is so good:
- The recipe is paleo and vegan, grain and gluten free, and with no refined sugar.
- It’s loaded up with vanilla extract and birthday cake sprinkles to it that unbaked-batter taste.
- This edible healthy cake batter dip comes together in just a few minutes, so you can serve it anytime!
- It’s just sweet enough, thanks to real maple syrup.
Better birthday cake batter with Thrive Market
The holiday season is finally here! And I don’t know about you, but I love getting my holiday shopping done online. Avoid the crowds, people! But with online shopping comes so many plastic, paper, and cardboard. I start to worry about how I’m impacting the environment.
Enter Thrive Market, which is an entirely zero waste company. I don’t have to feel guilty about stocking up on my holiday kitchen essential with Thrive Market, because they’re already thought about how they’re impacting the environment. Thrive Market is an online store that sells all organic, non-GMO products at 25-50% off retail price. Their products are sorted by hundreds of values, everything from Whole30, paleo, and gluten-free to BPA free, sustainably farmed, and zero waste. What’s even better? With every member who joins Thrive Market, they sponsor a free membership to a low income family, public school teacher, military veteran, or first responder — which truly epitomizes their mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone.
And using my link, you’re going to get an EXTRA 25% off your first purchase and a free 30 day trial.
So, how are they sustainable? For starters, all of their boxes and boxing materials are 100% post-consumer recycled and recyclable. And don’t think that their trucks are half empty to meet delivery times, that’s not the case. The carbon footprint of Thrive’s offices total 350 metric tones of CO2 annually. The carbon footprint of comparable national grocery chains totals 6.57 million metric tones of CO2 annually. Not only does Thrive Market care about the food your family consumes, they care about the world we live in, too. Try them today and get an EXTRA 25% off your first purchase and a free 30 day trial.
What you need to make edible healthy cake batter dip:
I get all of my pantry staples from Thrive Market: they’re 25-50% off retail price and they’re delivered straight to my door. I seriously can’t imagine anything better, especially for this busy mama! Here’s what I used to make this edible healthy cake batter dip:
- Almond flour
- Tapioca starch
- Pure maple syrup
- Healthier rainbow sprinkles
- Ghee or coconut oil (or butter!)
- Add almond milk if you prefer a thinner consistency like true cake batter. If you add quite a lot, you might want to increase the maple syrup to bring the sweetness back up.
- If you have a nut allergy, you can try using 1/2 cup coconut flour and 1 total cup tapioca starch in the recipe.
- Eat this edible healthy cake batter with a spoon or serve with fruit, like thinly sliced apples, if you’re paleo or grain-free. Try pretzel chips or sticks or graham crackers if you’re not!
- Make sure you stock up on healthier sprinkles for this birthday cake batter. I love these from Thrive Market.
- If you’re strictly paleo, try making your own rainbow sprinkles with this recipe.
- Let the entire edible healthy birthday cake batter sit for a few minutes for serving. The tapioca starch keeps the batter super smooth but will taste a bit pasty until it sits for just a couple minutes!
- Make sure you use coconut oil if you’re vegan and ghee or coconut oil if you’re paleo. You can use butter, too, and grass-fed butter can be awesome on a paleo diet! But definitely don’t use ghee or butter if you’re vegan.
How to make edible healthy cake batter dip:
Stir all ingredients together. Split between serving bowls and devour!
You will want to wait a couple minutes before serving this healthy cake batter dip, which might be the hardest part of the entire recipe. But it will help the whole thing become smoother and more delicious. Promise!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Healthy Cookie Dough
- Vegan No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Paleo Molten Lava Cake
- Paleo Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Paleo Microwave Cookie with Chocolate Chips
Did you make and love this healthy cake batter dip? Give it your review below! ? And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Healthy Cake Batter Dip (Edible, Paleo, Vegan)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup plus 1 extra tablespoon if needed
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee butter, or coconut oil (Use coconut oil if vegan and ghee if paleo)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp a couple big pinches of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup almond milk if desired, to thin
- Stir together all ingredients except rainbow sprinkles. Fold in rainbow sprinkles. Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes before serving.