This spicy mayo makes a delicious addition to salads, bowls, and sandwiches! With just 5 ingredients you’ll have a perfectly seasoned and restaurant-quality condiment.
What Makes This Spicy Mayo So Good
- It’s perfectly spicy and easy to customize! Feel free to add as much or as little spice to this recipe as you’d like. This recipe starts conservatively on the spice, therefore allowing you to amp things up based on your preferences!
- It requires just 5 very simple ingredients that you probably already have on-hand! Mayo, sriracha, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt is all you’ll need for this delicious spread and/or dipping sauce.
- It takes the most simple of meals to the next level! This spicy mayo pairs perfectly with virtually anything. For instance, I love spreading some on burgers and using it as a dipping sauce for fries, tater tots, and all things alike!
Key Ingredients for Spicy Mayo
Mayonnaise – You can use whatever mayo you’d like for this recipe. Low-fat, vegan, avocado oil, really any kind will work! I’ve made this recipe using both regular mayonnaise and vegan mayonnaise, and had great results each time.
Sriracha – All of the spice in this recipe comes from the sriracha! However, you can add as much or as little sriracha as you’d like. This spicy mayo recipe calls for one tablespoon which yields a mild to medium spice. If you don’t have sriracha, you can use your favorite hot sauce instead. Though keep in mind that not all hot sauces are created equal and some are much spicier than others!
Lemon Juice – A squeeze of fresh lemon juice rounds out the flavors of this delicious condiment. While optional, I highly recommend you add some lemon juice for a tangy kick!
- Make the recipe as instructed, then give things a taste and adjust the flavors as you see fit. The amounts in this recipe create a perfect baseline spicy mayo. Though if you prefer any more of one ingredient, go ahead and add it in!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month! Yes, this stuff lasts a long time. Therefore, making it a great addition to all of the other condiments in your fridge.
- For a more authentic spicy mayo, use Kewpie in this recipe! Kewpie is an Asian mayonnaise that’s made using rice vinegar instead of distilled vinegar. You can find Kewpie at most Asian grocery stores and even some other grocery stores in the ethnic food aisle!
Other Delicious Condiment Recipes
- Best Chimichurri Recipe
- Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Dill Dip
- Chipotle Aioli
- Buffalo Ranch
- Smoky Chipotle Mayo
- Hot Bacon Dressing
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Small bowl
- Add all ingredients to a bowl then whisk together to combine.
- Mayonnaise: For a more authentic Asian-style spicy mayo, use Kewpie mayonnaise in this recipe.
- Sriracha: If you don’t have sriracha, you can use any kind of hot sauce you’d like.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan mayonnaise to make this a vegan spicy mayo!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!