This spicy mayo makes a delicious addition to salads, bowls, and sandwiches! With just 5 ingredients you’ll have a perfectly seasoned and restaurant-quality condiment.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s perfectly spicy and easy to customize! Feel free to add as much or as little spice to this recipe as you’d like. This recipe starts conservatively on the spice, therefore allowing you to amp things up based on your preferences!
- It requires just 5 very simple ingredients that you probably already have on-hand! Mayo, sriracha, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt is all you’ll need for this delicious spread and/or dipping sauce.
- It takes the most simple of meals to the next level! This spicy mayo pairs perfectly with virtually anything. For instance, I love spreading some on burgers and using it as a dipping sauce for fries, tater tots, and all things alike!
Mayonnaise – You can use whatever mayo you’d like for this recipe. Low-fat, vegan, avocado oil, really any kind will work! I’ve made this recipe using both regular mayonnaise and vegan mayonnaise, and had great results each time.
Sriracha – All of the spice in this recipe comes from the sriracha! However, you can add as much or as little sriracha as you’d like. This spicy mayo recipe calls for one tablespoon which yields a mild to medium spice. If you don’t have sriracha, you can use your favorite hot sauce instead. Though keep in mind that not all hot sauces are created equal and some are much spicier than others!
Lemon Juice – A squeeze of fresh lemon juice rounds out the flavors of this delicious condiment. While optional, I highly recommend you add some lemon juice for a tangy kick!
- Make the recipe as instructed, then give things a taste and adjust the flavors as you see fit. The amounts in this recipe create a perfect baseline spicy mayo. Though if you prefer any more of one ingredient, go ahead and add it in!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one month! Yes, this stuff lasts a long time. Therefore, making it a great addition to all of the other condiments in your fridge.
- For a more authentic spicy mayo, use Kewpie in this recipe! Kewpie is an Asian mayonnaise that’s made using rice vinegar instead of distilled vinegar. You can find Kewpie at most Asian grocery stores and even some other grocery stores in the ethnic food aisle!
Other Delicious Condiment Recipes
- Best Chimichurri Recipe
- Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Dill Dip
- Chipotle Aioli
- Buffalo Ranch
- Smoky Chipotle Mayo
- Hot Bacon Dressing
- Small bowl
- Add all ingredients to a bowl then whisk together to combine.
- Mayonnaise: For a more authentic Asian-style spicy mayo, use Kewpie mayonnaise in this recipe.
- Sriracha: If you don’t have sriracha, you can use any kind of hot sauce you’d like.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan mayonnaise to make this a vegan spicy mayo!
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.