This cornbread casserole is soft and fluffy on the inside, and golden brown on top! This easy casserole is jam-packed with corn, totally delicious, and incredibly comforting. Make this crowd-pleasing cornbread casserole for your next summer barbecue or potluck!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s soft, fluffy, and almost cloud-like on the inside! Cream-style corn and melted butter give this savory casserole the perfect taste and texture.
- It’s super easy to make! Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then transfer to a baking dish and bake until golden brown on top – that’s it.
- It’s a fun way to eat one of summer’s favorite vegetables – corn! Sweet corn is beautifully balanced in this savory cornbread casserole.
Cornmeal – Just like in traditional cornbread, cornbread casserole starts off with a base of cornmeal and all purpose flour. You should be able to find cornmeal at nearly all grocery stores, though be sure to not confuse cornmeal with corn flour! Corn flour is too fine to use in this recipe, so stick to cornmeal.
Cream-Style Corn – This canned food is basically just sweet corn combined with a creamy residue from pulped corn kernels. The creaminess of cream-style corn is necessary to achieve the light and fluffy texture of this casserole.
Whole Kernel Corn – The whole corn kernels throughout the cornbread casserole add another dimension of both taste and texture. The combination of crunchy corn and a soft casserole is what makes this dish irresistible!
- Mix all ingredients until just combined, but not beyond that. Over-mixing the batter can result in a tough, chewy casserole which we definitely do not want! Therefore, mix until no flour remains and then transfer straight into your baking dish.
- Add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese for a cheesy cornbread casserole – YUM! If adding cheese, incorporate it in with the ingredients in step 3, then proceed with the recipe as usual.
- Store leftover cornbread casserole in the refrigerator. Cover leftover casserole in baking dish with plastic wrap then refrigerate for up to 4 days. To reheat, remove the plastic wrap then warm in a 400° Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes.
Other Delicious and Easy Casserole Recipes
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
- Asparagus Casserole
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn drained
- Large bowl
- 9×13 baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the egg, milk, melted butter, cream-style corn, and whole kernel corn and mix until just combined.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free all purpose flour instead of regular all purpose flour.
- Make it Dairy-Free: Use non-dairy milk instead of cow’s milk and vegan butter instead of regular butter.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.